Select a language
Kubernetes Operators are software extensions to Kubernetes that allow us to manage applications and their resources. We can codify application-specific operation knowledge in operators to manage applications and resources in ways that are automated and scalable. Operators are usually small applications developed in the programming language, but in this webinar we’ll explore an operations friendly way with Ansible®.
Ansible is an integral part of the Operator SDK. Ansible-based operators provide a lower barrier to entry, faster iterations, and the power of Ansible and its ecosystem.
In this webinar you can learn how Ansible helps developers quickly build operators that automate and manage the life cycle of complex Kubernetes applications.
This webinar will cover the:
- Purpose of Kubernetes Operators.
- Why operators were created
- How operators typically work
- Examples and sources of Kubernetes Operators
- Design of Ansible operators.
- Structure of Ansible operators
- Ansible modules for Kubernetes
- Operator SDK for Ansible
- Live demo to help you learn.
- Create an Ansible operator
- Deploy an operator to running clusters
- Create and manage applications using an Ansible operator
Live event date: Thursday, August 27, 2020 | 11 a.m. - 12 p.m. (CEST)
On-demand event: Available for one year afterward.