This webinar serves as a fast-paced introduction to the key changes and features in the newest Red Hat® Enterprise Linux® 8 release, as an orientation to the latest operating system technologies. This webinar is of interest to all IT professionals, even those with minimal Linux experience, who would like an immersion into topics focused on preparing for administering, managing, and deploying this new version of Red Hat Enterprise Linux release.
Red Hat Enterprise Linux 8 incorporates significant technical changes, including new container run times, an ongoing shift to a cloud management and development standard, and a significant change in system management utilities to simplify both local and remote enterprise and cloud system administration. This webinar will explain new features, and provide an opportunity for you to ask the questions you have about how Red Hat Enterprise Linux and data center administration has blossomed and evolved. Other technology topics will be explained including:
- A preview of the most talked about Red Hat Enterprise Linux 8 new features.
- Software packaging reengineered: faster, modular, and enhanced integration.
- Container integration with a fully redesigned set of runtime tools.
- Enhanced administrator experience with web console utilities, both local and remote.
- Image building for every format in your hybrid cloud environment.
- Higher performance graphical environment with Wayland supplanting X Windows.
See how Red Hat has incorporated the latest open source technologies into this flagship operating system. New remote management tools, filesystems, firewalls, Python3, security integration, volume management, modules and appstream package management, and networking. Experienced Linux administrators will recognize the evolution of tools to manage complex, scalable data centers, but all attendees will find value for any size of their IT installation.
Live event date: Thursday, August, 29, 2019 | 9 a.m and 2 p.m. ET
On-demand event: Available for one year afterward.