RED HAT OPEN HOUSE CONTEST 2017
- Eligibility. The 2017 Red Hat Open House Contest ("Contest") is open to legal residents of Australia, New Zealand, India, Indonesia, Malaysia, Singapore, Japan, China, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Korea and Thailand who are of the age of majority in their jurisdiction of legal residence at the time of entry (“Participant”). Employees and contractors of Red Hat, Inc. and each of its respective affiliated companies, subsidiaries, advertising or promotions agencies, and other agents, and their immediate families and those living in their households are not eligible to enter. If you are entering as part of a company or on behalf of your employer, these rules are binding on you, individually, and/or your employer. If you are acting within the scope of your employment, as an employee, contractor, or agent of another party, you warrant that such party has full knowledge of your actions and has consented thereto, including your potential receipt of a Prize. You further warrant that your actions do not violate your employer's or company's policies and procedures. Government employees and contractors are not eligible to enter.
- Entry. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. The Contest begins on 9 February 2017 at 12pm GMT+8 and ends on 7 May 2017 at 12pm GMT+8. Enter the Contest, visit www.redhat.com/en/explore/openhouse/ (“Website”) during the Contest Term and answer all nine (9) quiz questions ("Questions") correctly and complete all required fields on the entry form (“Entry”).
- LIMIT ONE (1) ENTRY PER PERSON. Subsequent entries will be disqualified. Only eligible Entries actually received by Sponsor within the Promotional Period will be considered. Use of automated entries or programs or entries submitted by third parties is prohibited and such entries will be disqualified. Sponsor will not be responsible for Entries that are in whole or part illegible, incomplete, damaged, altered, counterfeit, manipulated or obtained through fraud or lost, late, misdirected, mutilated, incomplete, or illegible entries, or for any computer related, online, telephonic, or technical malfunctions that may occur whether or not within Sponsor's control and such Entries are void. In the event of a dispute, an Entry will be deemed to have been submitted by the owner of the email address listed on the Entry. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any Entry not in compliance with these Official Rules.
- Winner Selection and Judging. The first 30 participants to answer the Questions correctly will be qualified for the prize. The potential winners will be notified via email ("Prize Notification"). If the potential winner does not respond within two (2) days after the first attempt to contact him/her, or if the Prize Notification is returned as undeliverable, that potential winner will be deemed to have forfeited the Prize, and the Participant with the next highest score will be named a potential winner.
- Prizes and Odds. Each Winner will receive one (1) Raspberry Pi with an Approximate Retail Value ("ARV") of US$35. The total ARV of all prizes awarded is US$1,050.
No substitution, cash substitution, or assignment or transfer of the Prize is permitted, except by Sponsor for reason of unavailability, in which case a prize of equal or greater value will be awarded. Sponsor will deliver Prizes to Winners via standard shipping approximately 2–3 weeks after Winners are notified. Sponsor will not replace Prize if lost or stolen. Prizes are awarded without warranty of any kind from Sponsor, express or implied, without limitation, except where this would be contrary to federal, state, provincial, or local laws or regulations. Any trademarks associated with the Prizes awarded under this Contest are registered or unregistered trademarks of their owners, who are not affiliated nor have endorsed this Contest. Prize awarded under this Contest may be subject to restrictions and licenses from its manufacturers and may require additional hardware, software, service, or maintenance to use. The Winner shall bear all responsibility for use of the Prize in compliance with the conditions imposed by the manufacturer, and any additional costs associated with its use, service, or maintenance. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible Entries received and the skill of the Participants.
- Condition of Participation. By entering the Contest, you agree to be bound by the terms of these Official Rules and you confirm that you meet all eligibility requirements listed herein.
Except where prohibited by law, the Winner's acceptance of the Prize constitutes permission for the Sponsor and its agencies to use the Winner's Entry, name and/or likeness for advertising and promotional purposes, in any media now known or hereafter devised, without further notice, compensation, consideration, review, or consent, and without regard to moral rights.
Any attempt to deliberately damage the content or operation of this Contest is unlawful and subject to legal action by Sponsor or its agents. You may be prohibited from participating in this Contest if Sponsor, in its sole discretion, reasonably believes that you have attempted to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest by cheating, deception, or other unfair playing practices, or have annoyed, abused, threatened, or harassed any other Participants, Sponsor, or associated agencies.
- Compromise of the Contest. In the event the Contest is not capable of running as planned as the result of bugs, virus, non-authorized human intervention, tampering, technical failures, fraud, or other causes beyond the reasonable control of Sponsor that corrupts or impairs the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper operation of the Contest, Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel, suspend, modify or terminate the Contest. Should the Contest be terminated prior to the stated expiration date, Sponsor reserves the right to award the Prizes based on the entries received before the termination date.
- Limitations of Liability. By entering the Contest, Participant agrees that (1) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or in connection with the Contest, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually without resort to any form of class action, and Participant waives his or her right to a jury trial for such disputes, claims, and causes of action; (2) any claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering the Contest, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (3) under no circumstances will any Participant be permitted to obtain any award for, and Participant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental or consequential damages and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased and any other damages, other than damages for actual out-of-pocket expenses. Sponsor assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, or delay in operation or transmission; communications line failure; or theft, destruction of, alteration or unauthorized access to Contest Entries. Sponsor is not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing of the offer, administration of the Contest, or in the announcement of the Winner.
- General Release. By entering the Contest, Participant releases and holds harmless Sponsor, any other Contest sponsors, and each of their respective affiliated companies, directors, officers, employees, representatives, partners and agents from any liability whatsoever for any claims, costs, injuries, losses or damages of any kind arising out of or in connection with the Contest or with the acceptance, possession or use of any prize (including, without limitation, claims, costs, injuries, losses or damages related to personal injuries, death, damage to, loss or destruction of property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation or portrayal in a false light).
- Sponsor. Red Hat Asia Pacific Pte Ltd, located at 8 Shenton Way #10-00 Singapore 068811, is the sponsor of the Contest.
- Governing Law. This Contest is subject to all federal, state, provincial, and local laws. This Contest and Official Rules are governed and interpreted by the laws of Singapore, without regard to its conflict of law provisions.
- Official Rules / List of Winners
To obtain a copy of the Winners List (available after, 7 May 2017), please send an email to email@example.com by 8 June, 2017