Why software-defined storage for telecommunications?
With a distributed architecture and erasure coding capabilities, it addresses the challenges associated with rapid archive growth, highly distributed users, and separate storage pools.
Red Hat® Storage is a standards-based and open source software-defined solution, addressing CSPs needs for:
- Object storage for rich media. Red Hat Storage gives CSPs the flexibility to address their cold (archive), warm, and hot data needs. It can deploy and scale in minutes, managing storage nodes through a single user interface.
- Complete OpenStack® storage. Red Hat Storage is fully integrated with OpenStack’s modular architecture and components, offering a single platform to support block, object, and file storage.
- Containerized storage. Red Hat Storage gives CSPs the power to orchestrate applications and storage on side-by-side containers. It secures against threats by isolating workloads and data, allowing better tracking and retrieval.
Reduce complexity. Scale confidently.
Offers mature interfaces for block and object storage, making it well suited for archival, rich media, and cloud infrastructure workloads
Provides high-performance network file system (NFS) and server message block (SMB) interfaces, and is best suited for analytics, rich media, file sync and share, and virtualization workloads
- Datasheet: Red Hat Gluster Storage
- Datasheet: Red Hat Ceph Storage
- Brochure: Red Hat Ceph Storage for digital media
- Datasheet: Red Hat Storage Console 2
- Datasheet: Supermicro’s total solution for Red Hat Ceph Storage: scale-out cloud storage
Red Hat and Cisco partnered to offer Dutch radio and television service provider, Glashart Media, a flexible and scalable solution to meet rising demand for online streaming.
Object Storage Video
Red Hat Ceph Storage for object storage workloads
In our mobile world, with larger file sizes and greater file quantities, legacy file storage can’t keep pace. In this video, learn the benefits of object storage and see how Red Hat® Ceph Storage gives customers the flexibility, availability, and reliability needed to stay ahead.
The OpenStack word mark and the Square O Design, together or apart, are trademarks or registered trademarks of OpenStack Foundation in the United States and other countries, and are used with the OpenStack Foundation’s permission. Red Hat, Inc. is not affiliated with, endorsed by, or sponsored by the OpenStack Foundation or the OpenStack community.