- Rapidly build prototypes with a push-button infrastructure that allows feature development from day 1.
- Accelerate feature releases with continuous delivery using an automated deployment pipeline.
- Access the full Red Hat® portfolio for developing and testing on modular platforms.
Immerse your team
- Work side-by-side with experts in a residency-style engagement
- Design and develop using impact mapping and event storming, hand-in-hand with our team
- Get ongoing mentoring and collaboration from the Labs team, and the engineers at the heart of Red Hat’s products.
- Bring modern application development tools, methods, and skills back to the business to jump-start a new way of delivering software
- Learn a scalable method for collaboration and return home ready to share an agile and lean DevOps strategy.
- Migrate your completed work to your organization quickly and seamlessly.
Get started on day 1 with our
Use our interactive menu to mix and match services, tools, and infrastructure to create your own, customized, Open Innovation Lab technology stack to meet your application development needs.
We are open
Getting started with Open Innovation Labs
Candidates for Red Hat Open Innovation Labs are teams of developers, system administrators, and IT managers who are flexible, creative, and open-minded.
Red Hat Open Innovation Labs can help your team understand the open source approach to development, agile workflows, and how these combine with open source tools to define a DevOps strategy.
Open Innovation Labs are located in Boston, London, Singapore, and anywhere you want. Come to us or we’ll bring the Labs to you.
Open Innovation Labs in action
John Hodgson, Senior Director, IT Program Management, Optum.
At Red Hat, when we talk about "open source," we're talking about a proven way of collaborating to create technology. The freedom to see the code, to learn from it, to ask questions and offer improvements: This is the open source way.
Open Innovation Labs' agile approach is focused on rapid iteration, regular prioritization, and continuous delivery through automation and cross-team collaboration. Teams focus on delivering value in hours, not weeks, by adopting a mature DevOps strategy.
At Open Innovation Labs, open source tools and automation form the foundation of our push-button enterprise infrastructure. Built on containers—powered by Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform and automated with Ansible by Red Hat— our stack can be deployed in less than an hour, allowing you to get started immediately.
An immersive residency for modernizing application development to not take years and cost millions or get stalled by security, compliance, and privacy requirements.
Containers affect tools, groups, and processes across infrastructure, DevOps, and application development—and each must be addressed in parallel to ensure secure, successful adoption.
An organization must clearly define goals and strategy, establish better communication, and move to a disciplined and well-understood distributed architecture.
DevOps is an approach to culture, automation, and platform design that boosts business value and responsiveness by harnessing the open source model to address the most demanding enterprise IT requirements.
Stay up to date with Open Innovation Labs
In this two-part demo, you will learn about the technologies we use at Labs to accelerate modern application development the open source way, and how we use Ansible to automatically provision a soup-to-nuts environment for modern application development.
A step-by-step tutorial for continuous integration with Jenkins for a Red Hat Mobile Native Android application
This two-part series details Juana Nakfour's work at the Labs to capture mobile application development innovations in a useful, repeatable way. Part one breaks down the steps to create and unit test a native Android application using Red Hat’s Mobile Application Platform.