Red Hat OpenShift 4
Red Hat® OpenShift® expands enterprise Kubernetes with full-stack automated ops to manage hybrid cloud and multicloud deployments.
What’s new in Red Hat OpenShift 4
Immutable Red Hat Enterprise Linux CoreOS
Improved installation based on immutable Red Hat® Enterprise Linux® CoreOS for consistency and upgradability.
Single-step installation for Kubernetes applications and services, plus automated, over-the-air updates and performance tuning with Kubernetes operators.
OpenShift service mesh
Increased resiliency and performance for your distributed applications with OpenShift service mesh.
Developer-friendly serverless framework and components for building, serving, and running event-driven applications.
Already have one or more subscriptions?
Get started with Red Hat OpenShift 4
Full-stack automated operations
Red Hat OpenShift 4 offers automated installation, upgrades, and life cycle management for every part of your container stack.
- Single-step installation for Kubernetes applications
- Centralized administrative control for over-the-air updates and performance tuning with Kubernetes operators
- Continuous security through built-in authentication and authorization, secrets management, auditing, logging, and integrated container registry
Support for developer productivity
Code in production mode for any infrastructure. Red Hat OpenShift 4 supports well-known developer tools and helps streamline your build and delivery workflows.
- Develop and test with a minimal, preconfigured OpenShift cluster on your laptop with Red Hat CodeReady Containers
- Support for your choice of languages, databases, frameworks, and tooling
- Streamlined workflows like automated container builds, built-in CI/CD, and application deployments
Built-in service mesh for microservices
Microservices architectures can cause communication between services to become complicated to encode and manage. The OpenShift service mesh abstracts the logic of interservice communication into a dedicated infrastructure layer, so communication is more efficient and distributed applications are more resilient.
- Installed and updated via Kubernetes operators
- Incorporates Istio service mesh, Jaeger (for tracing), and Kiali (for visibility) on a security-focused, enterprise platform
- Frees developers from being responsible for service-to-service communication
A unified Kubernetes experience on any infrastructure
Red Hat OpenShift 4 is a consistent, managed Kubernetes experience for on-premises and cloud-based deployments.
With unified ops and admin controls, workloads are decoupled from infrastructure, meaning less time spent on system maintenance, more time coding critical services.
Ready to get started?
Get trained on OpenShift
Get up and running in minutes with the industry’s leading container application platform.
Kubernetes is a trademark of the Linux Foundation.