Since joining forces more than 17 years ago, Red Hat and SAP have worked together to champion innovation in the enterprise datacenter, first with Red Hat® Enterprise Linux® for SAP® Applications (Netweaver) and later with Red Hat Enterprise Linux for SAP HANA®.
Red Hat Enterprise Linux for SAP Solutions reflects the growing technical and business collaboration between the 2 companies to take full advantage of our respective strengths: Red Hat’s position as the market-leading provider of open source platforms and SAP’s global strength in business software.
SAP and Red Hat are committed to open source initiatives and understand the best way to benefit from open source solutions, including adhering to industry standards and enabling rapid innovation, interoperability, and customer choice. Red Hat’s open source operating system, virtualization technology, and JavaTM middleware platforms give companies an industry-leading foundation on which to run SAP applications, enabling customers to develop and deploy additional strategic business applications. Whether a customer’s systems are bare metal, virtualized, or in the cloud—or a combination of all 3—the powerful foundation provided by Red Hat and SAP lets them work across these environments with ease.
We offer much more than the operating system: Our solutions, services, and partners create an ecosystem that extends throughout the enterprise and supports development of all types of application, datacenter, and business initiatives.
- Learn more about Red Hat and SAP enterprise solutions:
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux for SAP Solutions
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux for SAP Solutions video
- The future of big data: SAP VORA 2.0 on Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform
- Machine learning on IoT data with SAP Leonardo and Red Hat JBoss® Middleware
Big data is fueling many innovations for our joint customers, but large enterprises typically want to deploy multiple or layered technologies to address their specific data analysis and management needs. Red Hat Enterprise Linux for SAP Solutions provides a flexible, scalable platform to deploy these technologies while streamlining large SAP deployments, thanks to a single, standardized, and open operating system.”Mark Dendinger, CEO, 3V Solutions
Free up resources to pursue innovation.
Simplified IT landscape
Eliminate labor-intensive systems and processes, and help teams focus on new initiatives.
Gain essential business insights in an instant.
SAP is one of the largest and most important enterprise software companies in the world today. Its increasing participation in the open source software (OSS) ecosystem shows its growing commitment to open source and underscores the value that OSS brings to businesses—even businesses with significant proprietary software revenue lines.
The SAP HANA Hardware Directory lists appliance and hardware storage solutions that have been certified by SAP to work with SAP HANA and Red Hat Enterprise Linux. The directory also contains a list of entry-level systems that support SAP HANA but are not yet certified.Verify your hardware
This study explores how companies are managing the ongoing challenges of the modern data management center to optimize both technical and business goals in balancing the need for growth, real-time response, and efficiency. It also examines how their strategies support and enhance productivity and improve customer, employee, and partner experiences, while mastering the explosion of volume, complexity, and real-time requirements in data within the most efficient and economic cost structure possible.
- Driving growth and efficiency with deep insights into operational data
- Nearly half of oil and gas companies are using SAP* to get a clear view of their business data. Running SAP HANA on Red Hat Enterprise Linux infrastructure can help you improve the performance of core business applications, continue making process improvements, and identify new opportunities.
- Red Hat Delivers Standardized Platform for SAP Software Environments with Red Hat Enterprise Linux for SAP Solutions (September 26, 2017)
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux for SAP HANA Available on Amazon Web Services (July 1, 2015)
- Peavey Electronics Amplifies Business Intelligence with Red Hat Enterprise Linux for SAP HANA® (June 24, 2015)
- Red Hat Fuse, a certified enterprise integration solution for SAPYogi Berra, predictive analytics, and SAP HANA running on Red Hat Enterprise Linux for SAP HANA
- Big data, big ecosystem: Red Hat adds new certified partner for Red Hat Enterprise Linux for SAP HANA
- Simplifying IT is not impossible – but it's quickly becoming imperative
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux achieves 2-processor world-record result on 2-tier SAP Sales and Distribution standard application benchmark
- Mohawk Industries harnesses the power of data with SAP HANA and Red Hat
- Carpeting and flooring company Mohawk Industries used Red Hat Enterprise Linux for SAP HANA to provide real-time access to data and create an effective foundation for future expansion.
- Repsol meets demands of competitive oil market with Red Hat
- To improve performance and reduce costs, Repsol migrated its SAP systems to Red Hat Enterprise Linux for SAP Applications, supported by Red Hat Satellite, reducing costs and planned downtime and gaining flexibility and agility.
- Bayer Business Services Migrates Mission-Critical SAP Landscape from AIX to Red Hat
- Bayer Business Services, the Bayer Group’s global competence center for IT and business services, was looking for a way to reduce costs while maintaining the quality of its mission-critical SAP infrastructure.
- FI-TS Provides SAP in the Cloud Securely Thanks to Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization
- The combination of Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization and the Cisco UCS platform allows FI-TS to provide financial service providers with an SAP environment in the cloud that helps them significantly retduce their operating costs.
- Produban Migrates to Red Hat Enterprise Linux with Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization
- Produban needed a platform that could be scaled horizontally, and running Red Hat® Enterprise Linux® on an x86 architecture would achieve that goal. Produban also added Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization to their technological standards.
- ING-DiBa Future-proofs, Migrates from Solaris to Red Hat Enterprise Linux
- ING-DiBa needed to significantly cut overall costs and administrative effort without sacrificing quality or performance and achieve a higher level of deployment and operation automation in order to lower server deployment time to fewer than three days.