The demand for cloud native applications is rising, along with the need for increased automation and the ability to scale. Microsoft Azure Red Hat® OpenShift® offers organizations a jointly managed enterprise-grade Kubernetes solution for Microsoft Azure public cloud. Red Hat commissioned Forrester Research to examine the potential return on investment (ROI) enterprises can gain by working with Red Hat OpenShift cloud services and to determine how Azure Red Hat OpenShift helps organizations address common challenges like innovation, scalability, and reducing overall costs. This checklist highlights some of the benefits and Forrester’s findings.
1 Increase development velocity
Azure Red Hat OpenShift allows developers to focus on building and scaling applications without having to overhaul infrastructure and operations. The platform gives developers access to integrated tools and approaches to help streamline and accelerate deployment.
Surveyed organizations using Azure Red Hat OpenShift reported:
- They were previously concerned with developers not having enough time to dedicate their efforts to higher-value innovation and delivery of new technologies.
- A reduction in development time of between 60% and 70%.
- A development velocity of nearly US$1.5 million collectively (in a three-year organization financial analysis).1
2 Improve operational efficiency
By removing the need for developers to maintain application development infrastructure and reassign DevOps teams to more productive work, organizations could streamline operations.
With Azure Red Hat OpenShift, organizations found:
- Infrastructure management efforts were reduced by 50%.
- Together, the organizations gained operational efficiencies of more than US$1.3 million (in a three-year organization financial analysis).
- Developers gained more time to focus on supporting application development.
- Even with less staff managing infrastructure, they could still reduce downtime while maintaining reliability with managed upgrades, patching, and threat monitoring and remediation.1
3 Boost developer satisfaction and retention
By freeing up more time for developers to focus on innovation, organizations that transitioned to Red Hat OpenShift cloud services saw an improvement in team morale.
Contributing factors to developer satisfaction include:
- Time recouped for developers (from elimination of infrastructure maintenance) by 20%.
- Reduction in the pressure of extensive testing on limited timelines.
- Developer innovation empowerment with the ability to build and scale applications in a consistent, stable environment with Azure Red Hat OpenShift.1
4 Enhance flexibility and scalability
With the ability for developers to build, deploy, and run traditional and cloud-native applications at scale, organizations can deliver innovative applications and business value faster.
Organizations using Azure Red Hat OpenShift can benefit from:
The ability to deploy and deliver business-critical applications and scale.
The choice between standard, high-memory, or high-central processing unit (CPU) application nodes and scale on demand with Microsoft Azure contracts.
The flexibility of containerization and the ongoing management of clusters and tools.
A specialized global site reliability engineering (SRE) team to manage the full stack, from infrastructure to daily operations.
Adopting Red Hat OpenShift not only provides benefits across the organization, it can positively impact a company’s bottom line with a return on investment (ROI) of 468% over three years.1 To compare more findings for Azure Red Hat OpenShift, download Azure Red Hat OpenShift Provides More Value And Support To Cloud-First Organizations.