Balancing constant change with legacy IT investments in the public sector
Public sector organizations must balance citizen demand for more personalized services with evolving regulations and security concerns. Organizations must manage existing IT configurations while simultaneously adopting new infrastructure to streamline operations and increase efficiency.
To overcome these challenges, public sector organizations are pursuing digital transformation efforts, including automating manual IT processes and deploying modern application platforms that adapt easily to changing requirements.
Enterprise automation solutions like Red Hat® Ansible® Automation Platform can help the public sector support their digital transformation journeys with a consistent foundation for improving existing processes. Ansible Automation Platform features an easy-to-use engine with human-readable playbooks that automate provisioning, configuration management, application deployment, and intra-service orchestration across on-premise and cloud environments.
Optimizing resources and processes to innovate at scale—with less risk
Managing technology change is key to delivering services that support everything from citizens’ life to military events. Reducing process complexity and streamlining organization-wide business operations requires:
- Standardizing infrastructure and resources to improve visibility and resource management.
- Simplifying processes and tasks—including service requests, provisioning, and life-cycle management—across environments.
- Improving team collaboration by adopting common, easy-to-use management and automation tools to improve team collaboration.
Automation helps unify new and existing IT resources into an optimized, manageable environment, including:
- High-performance infrastructure with increased visibility, consolidated management, and greater flexibility.
- Collaborative design optimization and integration between hardware and software to improve workload density and resource use.
- Repeatable processes to reduce manual work. Using automation, you can accomplish more with your existing infrastructure, so your staff can focus on strategic projects that deliver more customer value.
Additionally, IT automation helps public sector organizations adopt innovative application platforms with less risk by:
- Scaling applications to meet unpredictable adoption and traffic trends and deliver the best possible citizen experience.
- Using continuous monitoring, reporting, and remediation capabilities to help ensure compliance with government standards and policies.
- Supporting DevOps practices and continuous integration and delivery (CI/CD) approaches to build and deliver applications that enhance digital interactions with your citizens.