Going cloud-native is a critical step in becoming a digital service provider. While the network is the typical focus, modernizing legacy infrastructure for operations support systems (OSS) and business support systems (BSS) deserves equal attention.
As competition gets more innovative and aggressive for digital service providers (DSPs), legacy technologies cannot deliver services that meet changing consumer expectations. Operations teams have to do more with less while business owners have to deliver superior customer experiences faster. If you are a building or buying a modern OSS/BSS infrastructure, going cloud-native is fundamental for a successful digital transformation.
Keys to delivering exceptional digital experiences
- Run cloud-native OSS/BSS on a hybrid cloud, allowing efficient workload portability between bare metal, private, and public clouds.
- Maximize automation across network and business operations.
- Adopt a DevOps culture and mindset to streamline and accelerate new service delivery.
1 Innovate faster
Consumers expect a personalized digital experience. Successful DSPs increasingly offer services with business partners to grow their top line revenue. A monolithic BSS infrastructure cannot deliver that type of experience but an agile, cloud-native BSS can. If you face any of these challenges, a cloud-native BSS can make you agile enough to solve them.
- Rolling out new services and features in a timely manner
- Changing or adding functions to meet new business needs without affecting the reliability or availability of the entire system
- Enforcing policies and procedures
- Reducing manual business operations
- Measuring business activity results across heterogeneous environments
- Mining network and application data to identify new business opportunities
- Maintaining flexibility for future technology and strategic choices while pivoting from traditional connectivity to higher-value digital services