Red Hat® Cloud Suite provides a container-based application development platform, built on massively scalable cloud infrastructure, all managed through a common management framework. Customers can move existing workloads to scale-out cloud infrastructure and accelerate new cloud-based services for private cloud and application development. With Red Hat Cloud Suite, the operations team can deliver public cloud-like services to developers and the business while maintaining control and visibility.
At its infrastructure foundation, Red Hat Cloud Suite builds a private cloud based on either Red Hat OpenStack® Platform, with public cloud-like scalability, or Red Hat Virtualization. Both choices provide scalable foundations with improved security for hosting the Red Hat OpenShift® Container Platform cloud-native application development platform. OpenShift Container Platform automates the development and administration of container-based applications.
Red Hat CloudForms® offers a unified, single management framework to seamlessly administer this marriage of infrastructure and application development, complemented by powerful life-cycle management from Red Hat Satellite. The solution also uses Red Hat Insights, a Software-as-a-Service (SaaS)-based risk management tool that collects infrastructure analytics, allowing customers to quickly and proactively manage technical risks before they impact operations.
Red Hat Cloud Suite users also can use Red Hat Ceph® Storage, an open, scalable, flexible software-defined storage system. Red Hat Ceph Storage is designed for commodity hardware and benefits OpenStack users because of its seamless integration with OpenStack’s modular architecture and storage components. Red Hat Ceph Storage is available as an optional separate purchase.
Red Hat Cloud Suite provides a common interface and technology stack for operations, IT administration, development, and lines of business. The suite includes a management framework across application development and infrastructure layers, along with complete operation and life-cycle management as well as proactive risk mitigation.
Developers use Red Hat Cloud Suite to gain rapid access to compute power and to continuously integrate and deploy applications across a broad range of languages and frameworks. Operators can simultaneously monitor and govern these services and applications across a hybrid infrastructure, from development to production. Chief information officers (CIOs) can align better with business requirements, meeting market and customer needs.
Key product advantages include:
- Full-featured application development and containers via Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform.
- Tightly integrated, fully supported components that together provide an open hybrid cloud.
- A single management framework across infrastructure and application development layers, plus complete operation and life-cycle management with proactive risk mitigation.
- Open application programming interface (API) exposure that allows customers to enhance or replace existing components with their choice of existing technologies, with no vendor lock-in or proprietary technology.
- The ability to easily add networking, storage, and other cloud solutions, including Red Hat and third-party products. In addition, Red Hat Cloud Suite works on any number of commodity hardware and public cloud options.
System requirements include:
- Red Hat Virtualization Manager: Recommended 1-2 quad core Intel 64 processors, 16GB random access memory (RAM), 50GB disk, 1Gbps Ethernet network interface controller (NIC).
- Red Hat Virtualization Hypervisor: 1 central processing unit (CPU) with Intel 64 or AMD64 CPU extensions, and AMD-VTM or Intel VT hardware virtualization extensions, 2GB RAM, 10GB local disk storage, 1GB Ethernet NIC.
- Red Hat OpenStack Platform compute nodes: 64-bit x86 processor with support for the Intel 64 or AMD64 CPU extensions, and the AMD-V or Intel VT hardware virtualization extensions enabled. 2GB RAM, 50GB available disk space, 2 x 1Gbps network interface cards.
- Red Hat OpenStack Platform controller nodes: 64-bit x86 processor with support for the Intel 64 or AMD64 CPU extensions, and the AMD-V or Intel VT hardware virtualization extensions enabled. Red Hat Enterprise Linux® 6.5 or later, 2GB RAM, 50GB available disk space, 1Gbps network interface cards.
- Red Hat CloudForms: Delivered as a virtual appliance in Open Virtualization Format (OVF) for use on most virtual infrastructures.
- Red Hat Satellite: 64-bit architecture, Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.5 or later, a minimum of 2 CPU cores, minimum of 8GB memory but ideally 12GB. During installation, any additional YUM repositories other than those specified in the Red Hat Satellite installation documentation must be disabled.
- Red Hat Insights: 64-bit architecture, Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6 or later.
- Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform: Minimum hardware is 2 Intel x64 servers each with 2 cores and 4GB RAM. Actual sizing subject to capacity requirements.