The speed of modern business means companies must deliver better products to market faster. But extended release cycles, error-prone releases, and unauthorized shadow IT make keeping up with market demands difficult. A robust platform to automate infrastructure and deployment pipelines, enact and enforce best practices, and take advantage of appropriate skills can support IT and help businesses overcome these challenges.
Red Hat® Ansible® is a simple-to-use IT automation engine that transforms the repetitive, inefficient tasks of software release cycles into predictable, scalable, and simple processes. Ansible by Red Hat automates cloud provisioning, application deployment, configuration management, and service orchestration to let developers spend more time on their work and help operations more easily support deployment pipelines. Together, these capabilities create a quick, comprehensive, and coordinated approach to delivering business value.
Simplify and modernize I.T. automation
Red Hat Ansible can provide organizations with an effective tool for IT automation, but the path to DevOps can be long and complex. Outdated habits must be replaced with more efficient practices, and new tools and processes require buy-in from various stakeholders across the organization. Additionally, groups must be enabled with the specific best practices for their work.
Automate legacy deployment processes
Manual approaches to packaging and deploying workloads are naturally lengthy, error-prone, and difficult to maintain. Even in situations where automation has been used, any initial understanding between business, development, and operations fades quickly over time as resources move up or out of the team, documentation lags, and specialized technical skills dwindle. An appropriate IT automation strategy can enable teams to treat legacy like DevOps, predictably automating provisioning and deployment with tools that foster understanding and involvement across the organization.
Establish standard approach and management
In areas where automation has been used, an array of tools and approaches lead to increasing chaos that prevents efficient operations and effective governance. Gaining understanding across business, development, and operations is difficult amidst a sea of scripting languages, automation tools, and ad hoc management solutions. Further, initial understanding fades quickly as team members are replaced, documentation lags, and the selected tools lose popularity or support. Standardizing on tooling, approach, monitoring, and management are crucial to delivering effective and efficient automation at enterprise levels.
Develop a culture of continuous improvement
Establishing an intelligent approach to developing, deploying, and managing automation requires more than a reliable and understandable platform, it requires informed governance that ensures reliable operations and responds readily to new challenges. Teams must collaborate across traditional departmental boundaries to share their latest challenges and insights.
Improve I.T. automation to accelerate value
Red Hat Consulting helps customers successfully adopt and integrate Ansible to create and sustain standardized, centralized automation practices that add business and market value and build a solid foundation for DevOps.
Using a solution delivery framework (SDF), Red Hat experts help customers quickly, iteratively, and strategically achieve value while building enterprise-wide capabilities. This SDF provides a simple yet powerful outline that can be adjusted and scaled as needed. It consists of three stages that deliver value with each iteration: Discover, Design, and Deploy.
Figure 1. Red Hat Consulting solution delivery framework
Across these stages, Red Hat Consulting applies a set of products, services, and custom engagements to help customers design, build, and scale an automation strategy that meets their unique
Red Hat Consulting Ansible Solution Delivery Framework
|Discover||Discuss goals, solution approaches, and next steps to:|
• Identify challenges and potential issues as well as viable approaches and technologies, necessary participants, and desired outcomes.
• Outline current state, target state, and opportunities for change.
|Design||Develop an intelligent plan that delivers a(n):|
• Analysis of the current state architecture and organizational practices for the migration.
• Strategy across people, processes, and technologies to deliver and scale IT services.
• Architecture definition that addresses target environments.
|Deploy||Work with Red Hat’s subject matter experts, who will integrate with and guide your team to:|
• Modernize legacy approaches by automating configuration, provisioning, and deployment of systems and workloads.
• Standardize tools, processes, and governance and centralize management for enterprise-wide automation.
• Optimize culture, such as work methods, to promote collaboration and accelerate work.
The Red Hat Consulting difference
With exclusive insight into upcoming features and product roadmaps, no consultant is better positioned to align teams, streamline processes, and make enterprise systems and applications work together using open source and proprietary technologies. Red Hat Consulting teams offer:
- Communication straight from the source: Consultants—many of whom are also active contributors to the upstream open source communities behind Red Hat technologies—work directly with Red Hat support and product development organizations, resulting in unparalleled expertise.
- Diverse technical experience: Consultants provide guidance based on a holistic understanding of building enterprise systems—not just Red Hat products.
- Mentor-based approach: Red Hat believes that knowledge must be open and shared, just like source code. Consultants give clients the information and skills to safely and efficiently migrate to Red Hat solutions.