FEATURES AND BENEFITS OF RED HAT JBOSS EAP
JAVA CAPABILITIES FOR CONTAINERS AND THE CLOUD
EAP offers full support and deployment flexibility for Java EE in modern application environments—whether they are on-premise, virtual, or hybrid cloud. It has been optimized for cloud environments such as Red Hat OpenShift® , Microsoft Azure, and Amazon Web Services.
JBoss EAP 7 offers concrete business value.
- An application platform based on flexible, modular architecture that features services- driven components. It simplifies application deployment in different environments.
- Well-suited for microservices, as well as traditional applications.
- Highly efficient and optimized for container and cloud deployments, offering an extremely low memory footprint, fast startup times, efficient resource utilization, reduced port usage, and management and monitoring over HTTP (REST).
- Resource-efficient scale-out that supports your application as it evolves and grows by offering high-density deployment options and dynamic scaling.
DEVOPS PRODUCTIVITY AND CONTINUOUS DELIVERY
Using Red Hat JBoss Enterprise Application Platform with common DevOps tools helps you maximize development and operations teams’ productivity, decrease quality issues, and get new apps to market fast.
JBoss EAP allows developers to:
- Prototype quickly with JBoss EAP and OpenShift. In OpenShift cloud environments, organizations can boost productivity and innovate faster with features like self-service application provisioning, simplified stack management, and application auto-scaling.
- Benefit from continuous test and integration technologies such as Arquillian for integration testing, Maven for automated and managed build processes, and Jenkins for continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD).
- Build applications integrated with popular Java EE 8 web-based frameworks, including Spring, Spring Web Flow, Spring WS, Spring Security, Arquillian, AngularJS, jQuery, jQuery Mobile, and Google Web Toolkit (GWT).
FLEXIBLE MANAGEABILITY AND UNIFIED ADMINISTRATION
JBoss EAP makes it easy to efficiently maintain and update Java EE deployments of any scale. JBoss EAP features an updated management console that includes intuitive navigation and support for large-scale domain configurations.
In addition, management via the updated command-line interface (CLI) provides administrators with a quick, unified view into configurations and subsystems, while offering the ability to manage servers offline. The CLI can be used with popular configuration management tools, such as Red Hat Ansible or Puppet. Together, the management console and CLI make editing XML configuration files unnecessary. With JBoss EAP, administrators can also now perform minimally disruptive maintenance on servers using the new server suspend mode.
ENTERPRISE PERFORMANCE AND STABILITY
JBoss EAP is performance-tuned for highly transactional applications, allowing you to innovate while simultaneously meeting strict compliance, security, and regulatory requirements.
JBoss EAP architecture and high-performance features help organizations meet the most demanding performance requirements, including:
- A diverse range of Java application requirements. The combination of Java EE 8 compliance, integration with the latest open standards, and the addition of capabilities such as failover, highavailability clustering, distributed caching, intelligent load balancing, and distributed deployment.
- Throughput and scalability for environments with millions of connections. Undertow, a highly scalable, nonblocking I/O (NIO) web server, offers maximum throughput and scalability. Undertow can also be configured to function as a multiplatform load balancer.
- Latency reduction and load-time improvement. Support for HTTP/2 standards (which are in technical preview for JBoss EAP 7) compresses headers and multiplexes data streams over a single Transmission Control Protocol (TCP) connection. HTTP/2 also allows servers to push resources to the client before it has requested them, leading to faster page loads.
MOVING YOUR APPS TO JBOSS EAP
UPGRADE SUPPORT, INCLUDING INTEROPERABILITY
For JBoss EAP 7, migration operations help you quickly upgrade from older versions of JBoss EAP or Wildfly. JBoss EAP 7 provides interoperability with existing JBoss EAP 6 environments with improved protocol version support and tooling. The new messaging subsystem is based on Red Hat’s unified messaging technology, Apache ActiveMQ Artemis. ActiveMQ Artemis enables you to pass messages between JBoss EAP 6 and JBoss EAP 7 and preserves the performance, scalability, and reliability of HornetQ from JBoss EAP 6.
JBOSS EAP ENTITLEMENTS
A JBoss EAP subscription gives you everything you need to develop, build, test, deploy, and maintain your enterprise Java applications. With your subscription, you also:
- Can make existing applications more efficient.
- Are free to move your applications to cloud environments on your own timeline.
- Have the flexibility to spread your deployment across hybrid environments.
More than just support for an application server, a JBoss EAP subscription gives you access to our rich Red Hat ecosystem. This comprehensive suite of tools, services, and support fosters business agility and productivity for your developers and operations staff. Eliminate complicated purchasing choices that lock you into limited approaches, strategies, and business opportunities. Open up more possibilities with JBoss EAP.
RED HAT JBOSS CORE SERVICES COLLECTION PROVIDES MIDDLEWARE OPERATIONS MANAGEMENT AND TOOLING
JBoss Core Services Collection provides entitlements to many popular capabilities that are frequently deployed with applications built by Red Hat JBoss Middleware technologies. JBoss Core Services entitlements are included at no additional charge with subscriptions for JBoss EAP (and many other JBoss Middleware products). Subscribers receive full support for JBoss Core Services Collection, including online and phone support, updates, patches, and security fixes.
JBoss Core Services Collection includes Red Hat JBoss Operations Network, which provides management, monitoring, and metrics from a centralized point for all of your JBoss Middleware products. JBoss Operations Network helps improve operational efficiency, reduces costs, and, provides a more positive experience for your users. In addition, JBoss Core Services Collection provides entitlements for Apache HTTP server, which allows JBoss EAP applications to handle incoming web requests.
JBoss Core Services Collection includes the following components:
- JBoss Operations Network
- Apache HTTP server
- Single sign-on server
- Apache Commons Jsvc
- Microsoft Internet Information
- Services (IIS) Connector
- Oracle iPlanet Connector
INTEGRATED DEVELOPER ENVIRONMENT WITH RED HATJBOSS DEVELOPER STUDIO
Red Hat JBoss Developer Studio is a bundled Eclipse integrated development environment (IDE) that supports your entire development life cycle and includes tools for developing, testing, and deploying rich web applications and enterprise applications. JBoss Developer Studio includes tooling capabilities and support for multiple programming models and frameworks, including Java EE 8, Enterprise Java Beans (EJB), Hibernate, RESTful Web Services, Java applications, and many more. There is no need to buy multiple subscriptions to build and test on Red Hat JBoss Middleware products or pay for production service level agreements (SLAs) to get support. It’s all included.