Education Payroll Limited provides payroll services, valued at NZ$5.6 billion, to 2,500 schools and 99,000 teachers and support staff in New Zealand.
- Streamline software development, testing, and deployment processes
- Reduce time to market for new services
- Strengthen stability for high-scale operations
- Plan and deliver system upgrades with minimal downtime
Education Payroll worked with local Red Hat global systems integrator Deloitte New Zealand to migrate from Red Hat OpenShift 3 to Red Hat OpenShift 4.5 to simplify version updates, improve management of routine operations tasks, and take advantage of new metrics and monitoring capabilities.
- Reduced risk and time for OpenShift upgrade process
- Streamlined operations experience with better management of routine tasks, helping teams focus on developer-facing enhancements
- Improved monitoring and metrics for both OpenShift and its workload, the EdPay application
“Red Hat OpenShift 4.5 has delivered many features that make our EdPay platform more reliable, easier to operate, and more secure. The migration was surprisingly easy.”
Platform Team Lead, Education Payroll Limited