The customer is an Indonesian bank and is one of Indonesia's largest privately owned banks by assets. It offers banking, treasury and payment services through its branches nationwide and digital banking platforms.
Indonesian Bank is one of the largest payment banks in terms of transaction value under the Indonesian Central Securities Depository.
Faced with a highly competitive consumer banking market in Indonesia, Indonesian Bank decided to undergo a large digital transformation of people, process, and technology in 2018.
- Need to upskill IT staff on modern practices and technology
- Need to transform the online banking system as the current system’s instability has negatively impacted business operations and brand image
- Need to retain consumers who have turned to the competition due to delayed time-to-market for changes and new services
Path to innovation
- Red Hat Open Innovation Labs bring subject matter experts and practitioners together to cocreate an application minimum viable product
- Delivery services and training for team members and managers
- Red Hat OpenShift® Container Platform, a scalable platform supporting modern microservices development and day two operations
- Built a new online payment platform for consumers within 12 months
- Improved IT capabilities from Gartner’s DevOps Maturity Model level 1 to level 3
- Implemented best practices on modern application development
- Upskilled its leadership team in open culture and new ways of working