RED HAT ENTERPRISE LINUX SUBSCRIPTION OVERVIEW
Red Hat is a trusted partner to thousands of enterprise customers; cloud, software, and hardware suppliers; and the global open source community. A Red Hat® Enterprise Linux® subscription provides customers with direct access to innovation and advocacy—both within the open source community and within a certified and trusted network of partners. This access to open source innovation and advocacy is fueling technology projects shaping the world.
This short solution-oriented overview will highlight why an investment in a Red Hat Enterprise Linux subscription is more than just software bits—it’s an ongoing relationship with a digital transformation partner.
BUILD, ACQUIRE, OR PARTNER
Like an airplane needs to transport its passengers and goods efficiently, you need to run your applications and enterprise workloads efficiently. And like a Linux operating system consisting of millions of lines of code, an airplane consists of millions of tightly-integrated parts. These parts come from hundreds of suppliers, each responsible for manufacturing their piece of the airplane—from seat belts to the engine.
To acquire an airplane, you have three options:
- BUILD your own airplane by getting all the parts from suppliers and coordinating with regulatory agencies to ensure you pass inspections and maintain compliance. This option will involve considerable staffing and budget, increase security and compliance risks, and remove attention from the vital revenue-generating aspects of running your business.
- ACQUIRE an airplane from a reputable company and choose a third party to handle ongoing service and maintenance. This option may keep you focused on your business in the short term, but many risks can arise when relying on intermediary maintenance service that uses aftermarket parts and secondhand security upgrades.
- PARTNER with the leader in aviation technologies—the well-known, trusted airplane manufacturer and the chief architect contributing to and sourcing the various parts and procedures involved in the life cycle of the airplane. By going directly to the source, you get a well-built, secure airplane designed by an industry leader with the tools, resources, and expertise to help you keep it updated and running smoothly.
Like the trusted airplane manufacturer, Red Hat coordinates all the parts of your enterprise operating system across multiple sources — including upstream community projects, hardware manufacturers, and cloud providers — and integrates them into a single functional system ready to support enterprise workloads. Red Hat’s job is to keep your enterprise software airplane flying on schedule and securely, to continuously monitor it to ensure it is operating properly, to make sure you can incorporate other pieces of new technology inside of your airplane, and to ensure that you reach your final technological destination.
ADVANTAGES OF PARTNERING
The decision to work with a partner should be based on trust, confidence, and technical merit. With Red Hat as a partner, you’ll get access to:
A subscription to Red Hat Enterprise Linux provides you with direct access to open source innovation, without the risk of experimentation. At Red Hat, our only purpose is to make open source technology usable to our enterprise customers. In fact, more than 90% of companies in the Fortune 500 rely on Red Hat products and services to do just that.
Harden, certify, secure, and enhance the latest Linux innovations with a Red Hat Enterprise Linux subscription. Red Hat Enterprise Linux serves as the base for all Red Hat technologies, and it gives you access to a trusted, curated, tested, and supported array of open source technologies to increase the efficiency of your ecosystem. With a Red Hat Enterprise Linux subscription, it’s easier to integrate other Red Hat solutions to help you with these challenges:
- Virtualization. Get an open, software-defined, secure platform for virtualized Linux and Windows, built on Red Hat Enterprise Linux and Kernel-based Virtual Machine (KVM) technologies—with Red Hat Virtualization.
- Software-defined storage. Get scalable, reliable, and cost-effective software-defined storage data management platform, streamlining file and object access across physical, virtual, and cloud environments—with Red Hat Storage.
- Centralized automation. Get centralized automation to manage complex, multitier deployments with control, knowledge, and delegation benefits, ensuring consistency and compliance across the enterprise—with Red Hat Ansible® Automation.
- Predictive analytics. Get a predictive IT analytics service to proactively identify, and automatically resolve, infrastructure risks before they impact business operations—with Red Hat Insights.
- Unified hybrid environment management. Get unified management for hybrid environments, providing a consistent experience and functionality across virtualization, private or public cloud platforms, and container-based infrastructures — with Red Hat CloudForms.
- Provisioning and subscription management. Get a scalable platform to manage the patching life cycle, provisioning, and subscription management of your Red Hat environment—with Red Hat Satellite.