As existing workloads evolve and deployments grow in size and complexity, risk management is a key challenge for enterprise IT. To succeed, operations departments need to rapidly deploy new environments and ensure that systems scale reliably. Red Hat® Insights helps customers benefit from the experience and technical knowledge of Red Hat Certified Engineers (RHCEs®) and makes it easier for users to identify, prioritize, and resolve issues before business operations are affected.
Red Hat Insights provides proactive analytics across complete, hybrid infrastructures. It also is now included in all supported versions of Red Hat Enterprise Linux®, enabling users to detect issues, enhance visibility into their deployments, improve security, and prescribe remediation through tools like Red Hat Satellite.
Delivered as a Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) offering, Red Hat Insights takes advantage of Red Hat’s expertise as a leader in open source software to generate tailored remediations in real time. Red Hat Insights uses intelligent data to pinpoint technical risks and help IT resolve problems before business is affected. This modern, integrated platform supports operational analytics and automated resolution across physical, virtual, container, and private and public cloud environments.
Red Hat Insights provides ongoing, in-depth analysis of an organization’s Red Hat infrastructure to proactively identify key threats to security, performance, and stability. By combining granular risk assessment, tailored remediation steps, and automated resolution, Red Hat Insights transitions IT from reactive to proactive and intelligent infrastructure management.
|Ongoing, in-depth analysis in an easy-to-consume SaaS model||• Gain a complete analysis of Red Hat infrastructure with predictive analytics to resolve problems before they affect operations.
• Detect security, performance, availability, and stability weaknesses to stay ahead of threats.
• Streamline application performance and maximize system uptime.
|Single management tool for Red Hat Enterprise Linux on cloud and on-premise||• Simplify management of Red Hat Enterprise Linux-based applications deployed on-premise (including virtual and bare metal), on public clouds, on private clouds, or in containers.
• Help ensure smooth operations within complex deployment models.
|Analysis rules that support Red Hat Enterprise Linux in context||• Help ensure that risk identification is more comprehensive and in context of the broader application environment.
• Help avoid operational impacts with Red Hat Enterprise Linux running on public clouds, with SAP® applications, or with a variety of popular database solutions.
|Expertise from Red Hat’s technical knowledgebase||• Resolve problems quickly with Red Hat expertise that comes from helping many customers resolve threats and configuration issues.
• Avoid costly downtime by proactively resolving issues.
|Automated remediation with Ansible® Playbooks||• Quickly resolve identified risks, including critical ones.
• Benefit from automated remediation that more easily translates predictive intelligence into actions.
|Clear, tailored step-by-step remediation||• Avoid complexity with easy-to-follow issue resolution.
• Identify, prioritize, and assign remediation tasks to individual systems or groups for faster response.
• Minimize risk due to understaffed operations teams through tailored and verified solutions.
|Built-in usability features to get going quickly and stay running||• Stay informed about continuous enhancements through in-application announcements and provide feedback.
• Use the intuitive dashboard to get going and continue using Insights regularly at any skill level.
• Consult topic areas that curate analytics rules to see how Insights supports a specific area, and check the risks found per system.
|Comprehensive risk assessment||• Focus your team’s time on issues that help reduce risk the most, using a total risk assessment that combines probability risk, issue impact, and the risk of change (e.g., quick versus planned fix).|
Red Hat Insights provides predictive analytics and remediation steps for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.4 and later versions.