Access the latest Kubernetes features and capabilities
Red Hat® OpenShift® is a core part of your IT environment and supports your critical business applications and operations. Even so, Kubernetes technology continues to advance rapidly and many new innovations have been developed and released over the last several years.
Red Hat OpenShift 3 was the right platform for your organization when you purchased it, but it is now in the maintenance support phase. As a result, Red Hat OpenShift 3 will receive only critical bug fixes and security patches for qualified critical and important common vulnerabilities and exposures (CVEs). No new software certifications or enhancements will be added during this time. And once the maintenance support phase ends, no additional security patches or bug fixes will be delivered, potentially leaving your environment vulnerable.
You may also be spending extra time and resources on tasks and workarounds to support current business needs. Manual cluster management slows development cycles and reduces focus on higher-value tasks. Support for fewer languages, frameworks, and databases may limit developers. Lack of native support for the latest technologies may require significant rework to use new capabilities.
Migrating to Red Hat OpenShift 4 can alleviate these challenges to support your organization’s current needs while providing an adaptable platform for the future.
Ready to migrate? Talk to a Red Hatter or take a migration assessment to get started.
Red Hat OpenShift 4 delivers more innovation
Red Hat OpenShift 4 is for innovation without limitation. Bring big ideas to life with a security-focused hybrid cloud platform open to any application, team, or infrastructure. Empower teams to develop fast with total freedom, so you can rapidly deliver business value.
- Increase IT efficiency. The built-in operator framework saves time by automating tasks like cluster provisioning and management.
- Adopt new technologies. Red Hat OpenShift 4 provides access to new technologies and capabilities like machine learning, edge support, and serverless computing.
- Boost developer productivity. Red Hat OpenShift 4 gives developers self-service provisioning and workflow automation and supports their preferred languages, frameworks, and databases.
- Deploy anywhere. Red Hat OpenShift 4 provides identical container platform features, capabilities, and support service level agreements whether on your own infrastructure or a cloud provider.
- Streamline upgrades. Platform upgrades do not require containers to be shut down or workloads migrated to a different cluster during the upgrade process. The Red Hat OpenShift Update Service provides cluster-specific version recommendations for safe, reliable updates.
- Gain operational insight.Red Hat Insights for OpenShift — included in Red Hat OpenShift Cluster Manager — helps you proactively identify, prioritize, and resolve risks before they impact users.
- Simplify software purchases.Red Hat Marketplace allows you to quickly try, purchase, and deploy certified software on Red Hat OpenShift 4, across infrastructures.