Digital success requires reliable applications
Highly available, cloud-based applications are at the core of modern businesses, but they must be configured properly to be effective. Cloud environments must be connected and optimized to increase scalability and elasticity. Consistent platforms and processes are needed to manage applications across on-premise and cloud environments. Red Hat® OpenShift® and Amazon Web Services (AWS) form an innovative solution for quickly creating, deploying, and managing modern, cloud-based applications.
Build an agile application environment
Combining Red Hat OpenShift and the AWS Cloud platform gives you a flexible, high-performance application environment that supports modern, digital operations. Built on open source innovation and industry standards, Red Hat OpenShift is a comprehensive platform for building and running container-based applications with enterprise-grade Kubernetes. Develop, deploy, and manage traditional and container-based applications seamlessly across physical and AWS Cloud environments — without needing to recode or refactor applications. Speed iteration cycles and innovation with self-service capabilities and automation.
AWS is a high-performance, scalable, and comprehensive cloud platform that provides the availability, elasticity, and agility needed to run modern and existing applications. Adapt quickly to changing demand with automatic resource provisioning and retirement. Protect your applications and environment with included security features — and more than 50 compliance certifications and accreditations.
Together, Red Hat OpenShift and AWS provide a Kubernetes platform that supports existing and cloud-ready applications with streamlined access to AWS services. The benefits include:
- Seamless service provisioning. AWS Service Broker integration and AWS Operators allow native AWS cloud services to be provisioned and exposed directly through Red Hat OpenShift.
- Cross-infrastructure consistency. Applications and workloads behave the same across development, test, and production environments.
- Unified experience in hybrid clouds. Agile development and DevSecOps methodologies work across on-premise and cloud environments.
- Flexible application deployment. Existing applications can be deployed on cloud infrastructure to increase agility, scalability, and elasticity.
- Rapid development capabilities. Automation and self-service capabilities let developers focus on building differentiated products instead of managing commodity application components.
Gain flexibility with deployment options
Red Hat and AWS offer three deployment options to meet your organization’s needs.
- Option 1: Install, configure, and administer Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform on AWS yourself for complete control over your environment with multitenant capabilities. Automated, full-stack installation tools help you get up and running in around 15 minutes.
- Option 2: Deploy Red Hat OpenShift Service on AWS, a fully managed service jointly operated, maintained, and supported by Red Hat and AWS. You can purchase this service directly through the AWS console and pay for it through your AWS account.
- Option 3: Adopt Red Hat OpenShift Dedicated, a fully managed service operated and supported by Red Hat with 24x7 premium site reliability engineering (SRE) support and a 99.95% service-level agreement (SLA). You can purchase this service through Red Hat and infrastructure through either Red Hat or AWS.
Simplify application life cycles with on-demand resources
Red Hat OpenShift and AWS make it easier to deliver on-demand services and resources to users. Build your environment on a security-focused foundation and add functionality with Red Hat’s open, integrated software stack. Simplify application life cycles with containerized environments that provide consistent deployment and automated policy enforcement — both on-site and in AWS. Ensure developers always have what they need with self-service provisioning of resources and AWS services directly from the Red Hat OpenShift interface.
Deliver high-quality applications faster
Red Hat OpenShift and AWS remove barriers to development, allowing you to build high-quality applications faster. Focus on adding value to your applications by using self-service provisioning, automatic security enforcement, and consistent deployment. Accelerate change iterations with automated development pipelines, templates, and performance monitoring capabilities. Use your choice of languages, tools, services, and workflows to build applications without limiting deployment options.
Modern applications and hybrid cloud technologies are essential for digital business. Red Hat OpenShift and AWS deliver an innovative application foundation that helps you optimize processes, provide on-demand services and resources, and speed development of high-quality applications so you can become more agile and successful. Contact your Red Hat or AWS representative to get started.
Learn more at redhat.com/en/partners/amazon-web-services and aws.amazon.com/partners/redhat.
Test out the Red Hat OpenShift and AWS solution at aws.amazon.com/quickstart/architecture/ openshift.