EVALUATE AND OPTIMIZE YOUR STORAGE DEPLOYMENT
Storage instances that do not follow best practices and lack updates or knowledge transfer present high risk to businesses. Ensure that Red Hat® Storage is properly configured to meet your business needs with Red Hat Storage Health Check, a consulting engagement from Red Hat Consulting.
Red Hat Storage Health Check helps organizations manage exponential data growth while preemptively mitigating or eliminating risk. In a three- to five-day engagement, Red Hat consultants use technical expertise and proven implementation practices to help you get the most value out of your Red Hat Ceph Storage or Red Hat Gluster Storage investment.
MITIGATE RISK WITH A COMPREHENSIVE ANALYSIS
During the engagement, Red Hat consultants complete a comprehensive analysis of your storage instance to determine if best practices have been followed and identify how processes can be adjusted to optimize performance. In addition, Red Hat consultants diagnose overall storage health by evaluating the following areas:
- Life cycle: Explore current and previous states using Red Hat Storage to uncover current or past issues and roadblocks.
- Organizational readiness: Discuss how those who design and operate your current storage architecture and infrastructure affect performance and availability.
- Operations: Review the processes that are currently in place to address potential outages and the tools used for deployment and orchestration.
- Use cases: Analyze the nature of applications that store data in Red Hat Ceph Storage or Red Hat Gluster Storage environments.
- Hardware: Assess how well current hardware configurations match the desired use cases.
- Configuration: Review cluster configuration and configuration management.
- Security: Review proper use of product security features.
Following the assessment, Red Hat consultants deliver a final report that provides a total rating of the health of your storage configuration.
Red Hat Storage Health Check provides more than just a technical analysis. Red Hat consultants perform a thorough examination of your Red Hat Storage environment to develop an easy-to- understand report that includes recommended actions. At the conclusion of the engagement, you will gain the necessary tools, skills, and resources needed to optimize storage performance and availability.
THE RED HAT CONSULTING DIFFERENCE
With exclusive insight into upcoming features and product roadmaps, no consultant is better positioned to align teams, streamline processes, and make enterprise systems and applications work together using open source and proprietary technologies. Red Hat Consulting teams offer:
- Communication straight from the source: Consultants — many of whom are also active contributors to the upstream open source communities behind Red Hat technologies — work directly with Red Hat support and product development organizations, resulting in unparalleled expertise.
- Diverse technical experience: Consultants provide guidance based on a holistic understanding of building enterprise systems — not just Red Hat products.
- Mentor-based approach: Red Hat believes that knowledge must be open and shared, just like source code. Consultants give clients the information and skills to safely and efficiently migrate to Red Hat solutions.