After years of investment and effort, companies running Cloud Foundry are experiencing limitations and a need for a hybrid cloud platform built on Kubernetes that supports containerizing and modernizing their existing, stateful applications, as well as new cloud-native development.
Red Hat® OpenShift® provides a complete enterprise hybrid cloud platform on which to build and run production workloads. Customers moving from Cloud Foundry to Red Hat OpenShift have experienced these benefits:
- Support for both stateless and stateful applications
- Improved productivity with a standardized development environment and self-service provisioning
- Enhanced security with Red Hat Advanced Cluster Security, for continuous infrastructure, container, and workload security and compliance
- Significantly reduced hardware costs by running Red Hat OpenShift on bare metal
Red Hat Services Solution: Cloud Foundry to OpenShift provides organizations a phased approach to migrating from Cloud Foundry, including Pivotal Cloud Foundry and IBM Cloud Foundry, to Red Hat OpenShift. With minimal disruption to apps and teams during migration, and a unified, simplified experience for operators, this solution includes:
- A 6-week engagement to plan and migrate 1-2 application teams and 1-2 applications from Cloud Foundry to Red Hat OpenShift, establishing repeatable migration patterns.
- Training and coaching teams to use those patterns and their experience to migrate their complete portfolio of Cloud Foundry applications self-sufficiently, and maximize their future productivity with Red Hat OpenShift.
- Multiple approaches for migrating applications: a stepped, intermediary phase or a direct cutover approach.
Get started with Red Hat Consulting
Red Hat Consulting helps customers quickly, iteratively, and strategically achieve value while building capabilities throughout the enterprise. During a Red Hat Consulting engagement, teams use the technology while learning and adopting the methods and skills needed to sustain success now and into the future.
With extensive experience migrating customer workloads to Red Hat OpenShift, modernizing applications, and best practices for new cloud-native application development, Red Hat Consulting’s subject matter experts guide customers through migration, mapping Cloud Foundry middleware to Red Hat OpenShift, providing coaching and mentoring on OpenShift and Kubernetes paradigms and tooling, and pairing with developers to migrate initial applications.
Accelerate capabilities with Red Hat training
Maximize your technology investment and master skills with our lab-intensive, real-world training. Through open enrollment, virtual classrooms, or a Red Hat Learning Subscription, Red Hat Training provides a current approach and practical application of new skills and methods to make the most efficient and effective use of modern technologies.
The Red Hat Consulting difference
Working directly with Red Hat engineering and support organizations, Red Hat Consulting teams bring advanced skills to deliver solutions using Red Hat products and open standards. With exclusive insight into upcoming features and product roadmaps, nobody is better positioned to align teams, streamline processes, and make enterprise systems and applications work together using open source and proprietary technologies.
- Straight from the source: Red Hat Consulting teams communicate directly with Red Hat support and product development organizations. Many of our consultants are also active contributors to the upstream open source communities behind Red Hat technologies, so they bring unparalleled expertise.
- Diverse technical experience: Red Hat Consulting maintains deep expertise with open source and proprietary systems and application platforms. Our comprehensive understanding of the technology market helps us provide clients with a complete view of their environment. Our guidance is based on a holistic understanding of building enterprise systems, not just our own products.
- Mentor-based engagements: Red Hat Consulting’s approach gives clients the information and skills they need to move to Red Hat solutions in a safe and efficient manner. Red Hat believes that knowledge must be open and shared, just like source code.
- Crucial, real-world training: Red Hat Training and Certification develops role-based knowledge through hands-on training covering emerging and foundational open source technologies. It helps build real-world skills that support critical commoditization and transformation projects alike.