Red Hat® Virtualization is a complete virtualization infrastructure solution for virtualized servers and workstations. Red Hat Virtualization, built on the powerful Red Hat Enterprise Linux®platform provides agility, security, reliability, and scalability for virtualized resource-intensive critical workloads. Red Hat Virtualization lets organizations evolve their IT infrastructure while delivering performance benefits, competitive pricing, and a trusted environment they expect from Red Hat.FEATURES & BENEFITS
RED HAT VIRTUALIZATION HYPERVISOR
Built on the Kernel-based Virtual Machine (KVM) hypervisor technology that is native to Red Hat Enterprise Linux
|Red Hat Virtualization Host|
• NEW: Built as the next-generation optimized and lightweight Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7 operating system, with these additional benefits:
1.Simplified driver/firmware updates for hardware partners.
2.Installation of hardware monitoring agents.
3.Easy customization and configuration management.
• NEW: Anaconda provides a common installer tool for both Red Hat Enterprise Linux and Red Hat Virtualization host.
• NEW: Cockpit plug-in—a simple and lightweight web-based Linux administration tool that provides host specific tuning, troubleshooting access, and host access.
• Host scalability: Supports up to 288 logical CPUs and 12TB per host.
• Guest scalability: Supports up to 240 vCPU and 6TB vRAM per virtual machine (VM) guest.
• KSM memory overcommitment: Allows users to define more RAM in their VMs than is present on a physical host.
• Non-uniform memory access (NUMA) support: Allows users to provision large guest workloads while minimizing physical memory access overhead on compatible hosts.
• Single root I/O virtualization (SR-IOV) provides network devices host-level management and pass-through to virtual machines and enables increased network throughput while decreasing latency and CPU overhead for near bare-metal performance.
• Virtual function I/O (VFIO): Assigns any hypervisor PCI device to virtual machines, including GPUs, directly to a guest operating system.
|Security||• The platform supports SELinux and sVirt capabilities, including mandatory access control (MAC) for enhanced VM and hypervisor security.|
RED HAT ENTERPRISE VIRTUALIZATION MANAGER
Centralized enterprise-grade virtualization management engine with graphical administration console and programming interfaces
• Built on Red Hat Enterprise Linux and Red Hat JBoss® Enterprise Application Platform (EAP) and provides superior performance and scalability.
• NEW: An advanced system dashboard offers a deep resource utilization overview of CPU, memory, and storage host resources. Administrators can make quicker decisions and speed up operations.
|Red Hat Virtualization programming and API|
• The Red Hat Virtualization API exposes all Red Hat Virtualization commands via an open source, community-driven RESTful API.
• Contains Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization Manager Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.2 support for the latest technologies including Python, Postgresql 9.2, JBoss EAP 7, Java™ OpenJDK 8 software developers’ kit (SDK).
|Container Support||• NEW: Red Hat Enterprise Linux Atomic Host is a fully supported|
guest operating system. Administrators can gather detailed
information such as a list of running containers on the virtual
OpenStack Glance integration includes:
• An advanced service engine for storage of VM templates and ISO images.
• The ability to use, export, and share templates and images with Red Hat OpenStack Platform (subscription not included).
OpenStack Neutron integration includes:
• Advanced service engine for network configuration.
• Open vSwitch-distributed virtual switching support.
• IP address management (IPAM) with Red Hat Virtualization based on Neutron subnets.
• Neutron appliance that provides simplified provisioning and deployment functionality of Neutron services.
• Ability to centralize network configurations with Red Hat OpenStack Platform (subscription not included).
OpenStack Cinder (tech preview) integration:
• Allows configuration of Ceph storage domains via OpenStack Cinder.
• Leverages storage offloading for improved VM provisioning and storage I/O operational performance.
|Red Hat Satellite integration|
• The integration includes the capability to provision and add hypervisors to Red Hat Virtualization from bare metal.
• Host Update Manager allows seamless updates and one-click updates for host hypervisor servers.
• Katello integration enables Red Hat Virtualization Manager to query errata information for the operating system of hypervisors and guests and provides a complete view into critical infrastructure life-cycle management updates.
RED HAT ADMINISTRATOR PORTAL
Centralized graphical management system for administrators to manage virtual machines, templates, workstations, storage, clusters, and datacenters
|User portal||• The Red Hat Virtualization user portal provides standard and power user access to the Red Hat Virtualization environment.|
|Quotas||• Quotas provide a simple method of limiting the number of virtual guests, the quantity of storage used, CPU utilization, and the amount of memory on host servers.|
RED HAT ENTERPRISE VIRTUALIZATION FEATURES
Features that help VM administrators efficiently automate virtualization tasks