A learning subscription for developers
Technology continues to grow in sophistication and complexity. Developers who use the latest technologies and best practices can improve application time to market and respond quickly to rapidly changing demands. Keeping abreast of the latest technologies and best practices requires a commitment to ongoing education throughout their careers. Access to continuously updated training and resources that are current and reliable is critical to that endeavor.
Red Hat® Learning Subscription Developer is a single, annual subscription that provides access to all Red Hat self-paced training courses for developers, including content on Red Hat OpenShift®, containers, microservices, test-driven development (TDD), and continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD). The courses are available in a dynamic, online learning platform that includes videos, e-books, and hands-on practice labs. Everything is on demand and accessible from anywhere, worldwide in up to 10 languages. Included with this subscription are three developer certification attempts to validate skills and prove readiness to take on even the most ambitious projects.
No one knows Red Hat like Red Hat
Red Hat is committed to building enterprise-ready solutions with open source. As we work to support the development of open source solutions with more secure, stable, and innovative technologies, we support the developers who need the skills to build and implement Red Hat technologies. Red Hat training provides educational content straight from the source—those building Red Hat products and technologies.
Red Hat Learning Subscription Developer contains course topics:
- Red Hat OpenShift
- Red Hat Application Services.
- Red Hat Fuse.
- DevOps pipelines and processes and CI/CD.
- Best practices of TDD and version control with Git.
- Red Hat build of Quarkus.
- Red Hat OpenShift Streams for Apache Kafka.
- JavaTM Enterprise Edition (EE).
- Camel K integration.
- Red Hat Decision Manager.
- Red Hat Process Automation Manager.
- All current Red Hat Training self-paced developer courses.
- New and updated developer courses as they are released.
- Early access to developer courses and labs in development.
- 100 hours of cloud-based, hands-on lab time.
- Three developer certification exam attempts with three retakes.
- 10 downloadable e-books for offline use.
- Course content delivered in up to 10 languages.
- Reporting capabilities.
Subscribe for a full year of:
Flexible learning resources
- Easily searchable content to help quickly answer questions on cloud-native technologies, microservices, and migrating existing applications.
- Quick access to actual Red Hat environments for hands-on practice.
- New and updated courses are added as they are released.
- On-demand access, worldwide, 24 hours a day, 7 days per week.
- Early access to courses and labs in development, including content on new product versions and releases.
- No prerequisite level of expertise required, allowing you to build skills on cloud-native technologies and development, regardless of your starting level.
- Map learning to a skills path to develop a strong foundation in a specific set of skills and track progress toward training and certification goals.
- Train offline with written course material such as e-book downloads.
- Verify your skills with Red Hat application development through certification.
- Take Red Hat’s performance-based exams in person or remotely.*
- Visibility into training progress and metrics with user dashboard.
- Assess skills along the way with individual chapter reviews and comprehensive full course reviews.
*Remote exam availability varies.
Red Hat training produces results
The Business Value of Red Hat Training, an IDC study, revealed that using Red Hat training provided an average return of US$43,800 per year per employee, which equals US$5.71 million per organization. The study also found that these companies see an increase in DevOps team productivity, faster deployment of new IT resources, and more efficient IT infrastructure teams. The quantified benefits of Red Hat training are1:
- 365% 3-year ROI.
- 10X increase in staff competent with Red Hat OpenShift.
- 44% higher DevOps team productivity.
- 34% more efficient IT infrastructure teams.
- 59% faster to deploy new IT resources.
A second study, The Business Value of Red Hat Certification, found that certified employees were better able to use containers, Kubernetes, and other technologies to support more agile and effective development activities. The research also notes that certified staff are able to work on more complex and important projects, perform better, and are known to have higher levels of skills and expertise. Some of the quantified benefits of Red Hat certification include2:
- 409% three-year ROI.
- 47% more virtual machines per staff member.
- 24% more productive development teams.
- 23-51% faster deployment of IT infrastructure.
Localized content for a global audience
In today’s globalized landscape, it is more important than ever for teams in all regions to have training available in their local language. With Red Hat Learning Subscription Developer, globally dispersed teams can have access to the same training content, 24x7, from anywhere.
Red Hat is continuously improving and expanding translations to increase global accessibility of training materials. Using a combination of machine learning and human editing ensures accurate localization of the content. Videos and expert chat use machine translations to subtitle instructor-led lessons into other languages.
Visit the Red Hat Learning Subscription product page for more information: red.ht/learning-subscription, or contact your sales representative to learn more about getting started.
IDC Business Value White Paper, sponsored by Red Hat, The Business Value of Red Hat Training, IDC doc # US46999720, December 2020. https://www.redhat.com/en/resources/IDC-business-value-training.
IDC Business Value White Paper, sponsored by Red Hat, The Business Value of Red Hat Certification, IDC doc # US47574721, April 2021. https://www.redhat.com/en/resources/idc-business-value-certification-analyst-material.
This transformation was challenging in terms of both technical and cultural changes. We were introducing new concepts like containers and microservices. Red Hat provided us with the right tools to overcome these challenges. Their attitude and willingness to work with us to adjust the technical design of our new architecture created a human partnership that was key to our success and the results we’ve achieved.
Red Hat Training increases our overall knowledge and improves our ability to stay up to date on newer technology advances. It also enhances the ability to work with other team members more cooperatively and serves as a resource for others in terms of development activities.
Systems change and get updated. Somebody who has certification can be counted on to have the latest knowledge. . . . A staff member with Red Hat Certification has more value than somebody who does not . . . certification gives us the assurance that they have the skills we are looking for.