Red Hat is a global support organization, and normal support workflow relies on input from experts around the world. However, some Red Hat customers and partners have critical information security concerns and must adhere to rigorous data regulations. With this in mind, Red Hat offers Confirmed Stateside Support to help meet strict data handling and storage requirements. Confirmed Stateside Support provides support from U.S. citizens working at U.S. based support centers for our most security-conscious customers and partners.
Offering public sector customers and partners support to meet strict information-handling requirements
Red Hat® Confirmed Stateside Support (CSS) provides Red Hat government customers with the appropriate support resources and data handling to meet their federally mandated security requirements. These include U.S. citizens on U.S. soil support staff and International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR)-compliant data handling. This support is available with Red Hat subscriptions for use on-premise or with an approved cloud service provider through the Red Hat Cloud Access program.
Confirmed Stateside Support is delivered through a confidential phone and support ticketing system that maintains ITAR compliance. Customers will continue to engage with the Red Hat Customer Portal for all other activities such as subscription management and product downloads. Support cases are opened and managed with the CSS support portal or the CSS dedicated phone support line.
Features and benefits
- Exclusive 24x7x365 technical support to customers from confirmed U.S. citizens at U.S.-based support centers with consistent and clear communication throughout the case life cycle.
- Physical and logical separation of data collected during support from all other case management systems, including Red Hat’s traditional support infrastructure, to help meet special data handling requirements.
- Support for both on-premise datacenters and certified cloud and service providers such as Amazon Web Service (AWS) GovCloud to meet the needs of our security-conscious customers conveniently.
- Technical support available through a dedicated phone line and ticketing portal.
- Support from U.S. citizens on U.S. soil with ITAR training. (Note: this offering is ITAR-compliant but not cleared.)
- Specialized workflow for cases.
- CSS-supported subscriptions must have a dedicated Red Hat account and may not be mixed with non-CSS supported subscriptions.
- Any Red Hat-supported subscriptions that are used in the AWS GovCloud regions are required to use CSS support.
Confirmed Stateside Support is offered with both standard and premium support levels for all products across the Red Hat portfolio, with some exceptions:
- Discontinued products. Once a product is designated as discontinued, it is no longer supportable via CSS.
- Developer support. Any product with the designation of “developer support” is not available with CSS.
- Self support. Any product with the designation of “self support” is not available with CSS.
- Hosted and managed services. Products that are delivered via a managed service or container application platform model such as Red Hat OpenShift® Dedicated are not available with CSS at this time.
- Academic program. Any products with the designation of “academic” are not available with CSS.