Security and reliability are often the most crucial, time-consuming challenges for organizations. Businesses are constantly putting strategic goals on hold to deal with unexpected challenges with performance, availability, and stability. Traditional, manual efforts to isolate and remediate issues divert resources away from innovation. When these organizations are also tasked with protecting sensitive data or securely transacting business, the effort required to effectively identify, assess, and resolve exposures becomes critical.
To address risks before they affect business operations, organizations need vulnerability insights to characterize emerging exposures across a large portfolio and to predict reliability risks before they occur. Management and automation tools offer great promise here, and teams need to consider whether existing tools or scripting methods can efficiently recognize and resolve these concerns. Add in auditing or compliance reporting requirements, and traditional approaches might fail to scale. Businesses need a new approach to address these exposures that minimizes the impact on innovation and productivity.
Red Hat® Consulting partners with customers to increase security and stability of systems, turning manual processes into automated workflows to create a seamless, repeatable approach for maintaining Red Hat Enterprise Linux® systems at scale. We empower customers with centralized management to detect vulnerabilities, characterize their scope, and automate their resolution with Red Hat-provided or in-house playbooks. Red Hat subject matter experts help you optimize your environment while mentoring your team on automation strategies tuned to your needs. With centralized content management and role-based access control (RBAC), you also get logging and reporting capabilities to support auditing and compliance. With OpenSCAP profiles, we help your team deliver and maintain compliance with profile-drive configuration and automated remediation.
Get started with Red Hat Consulting
Red Hat Consulting helps customers quickly, iteratively, and strategically achieve value while building capabilities across the enterprise. During a Red Hat Consulting engagement, teams receive training on the technology while learning and adopting the methods and skills needed to sustain success.
Across the following stages, Red Hat Consulting experts apply a set of products and services in a customizable engagement to help customers design, build, and scale automated security and reliability workflows that meet their unique business needs.
|Discover||Perform a discovery session to:|
• Capture customer business drivers.
• Understand high-level considerations for the customer’s Red Hat Enterprise Linux systems, operational environment, provisioning processes, and security workflows and procedures.
|Design||• Conduct an in-depth study to:|
• Architect Red Hat Satellite and Red Hat Insights deployment.
• Architect the Red Hat Ansible® Tower components.
• Define a framework for the workflow and compliance model.
• Produce a detailed design document outlining architecture and approach to assist the customer in deploying modern security and reliability management.
|Deploy||• Install and configure an integrated management suite comprising Red Hat Satellite, Red Hat Insights, and Red Hat Ansible Tower.|
• Configure the content management framework and content repositories.
• Configure representative RBACs and host collections.
• Configure insights plans, server groups, and sample reports.
• Configure OpenSCAP profiles on Red Hat Satellite to define security compliance.
• Configure OpenSCAP compliance reporting.
• Automate remediation strategies for OpenSCAP content.
• Configure the automation framework, representative workflows, and
|Enable||• Provide side-by-side mentoring throughout the engagement.|
• Deliver and review “as-built” architectural and operational documentation.
Accelerate capabilities with Red Hat Training
Maximize your technology investment and master skills with our lab-intensive, real-world training. Through open enrollment, virtual classrooms, or a Red Hat Learning Subscription, Red Hat Training provides a current approach and practical application of new skills and methods to make the most efficient and effective use of modern technologies.
The Red Hat Services difference
Working directly with Red Hat engineering and support organizations, Red Hat Consulting teams bring advanced skills to deliver solutions using Red Hat products and open standards. With exclusive insight into upcoming features and product roadmaps, nobody is better positioned to align teams, streamline processes, and make enterprise systems and applications work together using open source and proprietary technologies.
- Straight from the source: Red Hat Consulting teams communicate directly with Red Hat support and product development organizations. Many of our consultants are also active contributors to the upstream open source communities behind Red Hat technologies, so they bring unparalleled expertise.
- Diverse technical experience: Red Hat Consulting maintains deep expertise with open source and proprietary systems and application platforms. Our comprehensive understanding of the technology market helps us provide clients with a complete view of their environment. Our guidance is based on a holistic understanding of building enterprise systems, not just our own products.
- Mentor-based engagements: Red Hat Consulting’s approach gives clients the information and skills they need to move to Red Hat solutions in a safe and efficient manner. Red Hat believes that knowledge must be open and shared, just like source code.
- Crucial, real-world training:Red Hat Training and Certification develops role-based knowledge through hands-on training. Covering emerging and foundational open source technologies, it helps build real-world skills that support critical commoditization and transformation projects alike.