Red Hat OpenShift 4: Enterprise Kubernetes for hybrid clouds
Red Hat® OpenShift® is a complete enterprise hybrid cloud platform on which to build and run production workloads. With Red Hat OpenShift 4, organizations can use a single platform that allows consistent operation and continuous application innovation.
Customers migrating from Red Hat OpenShift 3 to Red Hat OpenShift 4 have experienced benefits such as:
- Immutable and automated infrastructure supported by Red Hat Enterprise Linux® CoreOS.
- Being able to use an operator framework to automate both common and complex configurations.
- Support for both stateless and stateful applications.
- Improved productivity with a standardized development environment and self-service provisioning.
- Enhanced and continuous infrastructure, container, and workload security and compliance with Red Hat Advanced Cluster Security for Kubernetes.
- New technology and functionality with Red Hat OpenShift Serverless and Red Hat OpenShift Service Mesh.
Red Hat Services provides a solution to help organizations accelerate migration from Red Hat OpenShift 3 to Red Hat OpenShift 4. With minimal disruption to applications and teams during migration and a unified, simplified experience for developers and operators, this solution includes:
- Two-week Navigate workshops to establish business and technical context and explore the details of the requirements for the organization's modernization and migration approach for Red Hat OpenShift 4.
- A 10-week engagement to plan and migrate 1-2 applications from Red Hat OpenShift 3 to Red Hat OpenShift 4, establishing repeatable migration patterns.
- Accelerated deployment and configuration of Red Hat OpenShift 4 clusters through the use of pipelines and automation capabilities.
- Ongoing mentorship and knowledge-sharing, best practices, and new technology with a client engagement report delivered at the end of engagement.
With Red Hat Advanced Cluster Management for Kubernetes, you can extend the value of Red Hat OpenShift by deploying apps, managing multiple clusters, and enforcing policies across multiple clusters at scale. Using Red Hat Advanced Cluster Management, you can migrate with ease without disruption and have end-to-end visibility and control for your Kubernetes clusters.
- Import and manage 3.x clusters easily: With Red Hat Advanced Cluster Management, you can import 3.x OpenShift clusters, create 4.x clusters, and manage the complete cluster life cycle using a single Red Hat Advanced Cluster Management console.
- Use Policy Generator to create and enforce policies for your 4.x fleet: Use Policy Generator to transform your existing 3.11 configuration into our governance framework policies. Use Red Hat Advanced Cluster Management to manage and maintain configuration for the fleet at scale with a declarative model.
- Redeploy stateless applications using placement rules: Using labels and placement rules within Red Hat Advanced Cluster Management, you can deploy stateless applications installed on 3.x clusters quickly on all clusters labeled 4.x after you have created these clusters.
Take advantage of a no-cost Red Hat Advanced Cluster Management subscription.
Start your OpenShift migration with Red Hat Consulting
Red Hat Consulting helps customers quickly, iteratively, and strategically achieve value while building capabilities throughout the enterprise. During a Red Hat Consulting engagement, teams receive enablement services on the technology while learning and adopting the methods and skills needed to sustain success now and into the future.
With extensive experience migrating customer workloads to Red Hat OpenShift 4, modernizing applications, and applying best practices for cloud-native application development, Red Hat Consulting’s subject matter experts guide customers through migration. They provide reusable patterns and automation, installation and configuration of OpenShift clusters, and coaching and mentoring on OpenShift and Kubernetes paradigms and tooling, all while partnering with developers to migrate initial applications. Red Hat Consulting helps customers:
- Adopt reusable patterns to further accelerate application migrations.
- Use automation and pipelines to promote application deployments and upgrades through development, test, and stage clusters, as well as Day 2 Operations with OpenShift pipelines and argoCD, a tool that supports continuous delivery.
- Deploy and integrate Red Hat OpenShift production-ready clusters.
- Validate the full operational delivery for Red Hat OpenShift 4.
Accelerate capabilities with Red Hat Training
Maximize your technology investment and master skills with our lab-intensive, real-world training. Through open enrollment, virtual classrooms, or a Red Hat Learning Subscription, Red Hat Training supports the practical application of new skills, methods, and current best practices to make the most efficient and effective use of modern technologies.
The Red Hat Services difference
Working directly with Red Hat engineering and support organizations, Red Hat Consulting teams bring advanced skills to deliver solutions using Red Hat products and open standards. With exclusive insight into upcoming features and product roadmaps, we are well-positioned to align teams, streamline processes, and make enterprise systems and applications work together using open source and proprietary technologies. See the difference Red Hat Consulting can make for your organization.
- Straight from the source: Red Hat Consulting teams communicate directly with Red Hat support and product development organizations. Many of our consultants are also active contributors to the upstream open source communities behind Red Hat technologies, so they bring unparalleled expertise.
- Diverse technical experience: Red Hat Consulting maintains deep expertise with open source and proprietary systems and application platforms. Our comprehensive understanding of the technology market helps us provide clients with a complete view of their environment. Our guidance is based on a holistic understanding of building enterprise systems, not just our own products.
- Mentor-based engagements: Red Hat Consulting’s approach gives clients the information and skills they need to move to Red Hat solutions in a safe and efficient manner. Red Hat believes that knowledge must be open and shared, just like source code.
- Crucial, real-world training: Red Hat Training and Certification develops role-based knowledge through hands-on training covering emerging and foundational open source technologies. It helps build real-world skills that support critical commoditization and transformation projects alike.
Ready to get started? Submit this form to speak to a Red Hatter about your business needs.