As enterprises move to hybrid and multicloud environments, the complexity of managing these environments has increased. Some of the key challenges customers face include having the flexibility to manage these systems on-premise or in the cloud; ensuring systems are always up to date and easily scalable; proactively monitoring, analyzing, and remediating any security vulnerabilities; and staying compliant with industry standards. This shifting IT environment, along with a commitment to providing customers flexibility in managing their Red Hat® infrastructure, is the basis for introducing Red Hat Smart Management.
Red Hat Smart Management helps organizations optimize and manage their Red Hat Enterprise Linux® environments, regardless of where Red Hat Enterprise Linux is running. It gives customers the choice to manage Red Hat Enterprise Linux either in the cloud or on-premise, depending on their preferences, all with a single subscription to address key IT challenges around vulnerability, compliance, provisioning, and patching.
Red Hat Insights
Red Hat Insights is a configuration assessment tool that uses predictive analytics to assess and remediate risks across areas of performance, stability, security, and availability. It is now included with every Red Hat Enterprise Linux subscription. Red Hat Smart Management extends the value of the subscription for current Red Hat Satellite customers and provides a compelling addition to Red Hat Enterprise Linux.
Red Hat Smart Management
Red Hat Smart Management includes Red Hat Satellite and new cloud management services for Red Hat Enterprise Linux. These services are hosted on cloud.redhat.com and include services for vulnerability, compliance, and system comparison. If your Red Hat Enterprise Linux environment needs a more traditional, on-premise management solution, then you can manage all your hosts with Red Hat Satellite. If you need a hosted, cloud-based management solution, then you can choose cloud management services for Red Hat Enterprise Linux. In some cases, you might need to manage part of your environment on-premise while managing other parts of your environment using a hosted management tool. Red Hat Smart Management gives you that flexibility.
Refer to the Red Hat Satellite datasheet for Satellite’s features and benefits. Here are some of the key features of the cloud management services for Red Hat Enterprise Linux.
Table 1. Features of cloud management services for Red Hat Enterprise Linux
|Vulnerability: Assess, monitor, report, and remediate common vulnerability and exposures (CVEs) in your Red Hat environment.|
• Easily view, sort, and prioritize CVEs by Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) score, and filter systems impacted by one or more CVEs with a high CVSS score.
• Understand how many and which systems in your environment are affected, helping you assess the potential risk to your organization.
• Remediate known CVEs in your Red Hat environment via mitigations and/or Ansible® Playbooks based on business risk and relevance.
|Compliance: Stay compliant by assessing, monitoring, reporting, and remediating industry-specific noncompliance issues across your systems.|
• Determine which systems are noncompliant to one or more policies for customers using OpenSCAP reporting.
• Determine the percentage of policy compliance. For example, System A might be 70% compliant with the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) and only 50 % compliant with the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS).
• Remediate known issues of noncompliance in the Red Hat environment via Ansible Playbooks.
• Generate JSON and CSV reports to keep relevant stakeholders informed.
|System comparison: Easily compare environment configurations to identify differences and assist troubleshooting.|
• Easily compare your current system profiles to other systems to identify difference and troubleshoot operational issues.
• Filter displayed profile facts by name.
• Filter view by differences, similarities, or missing states.
• Generate CSV reports to keep relevant stakeholders informed.