As business needs evolve to meet constantly changing market demands, IT teams are pressured to grow and manage a complex infrastructure that meets today’s demands and tomorrow’s landscape. As organizations grow, an intelligent approach is needed to provide businesses with a consistent foundation for hybrid cloud that delivers any application, on any footprint, at any time. Without flexible and standardized provisioning, delivery remains error-prone and unscalable, relying on manual configuration and patching — a reality that few businesses can afford.
Evolve for speed, predictability, and flexibility
In order to move into the next generation of computing and address these challenges, a holistic strategy is needed to accelerate and streamline systems provisioning. Adopting a strong capability for defining and automating standard operating environment (SOE) provisioning is key to addressing server sprawl and reducing the costs of managing disparate resources. This includes efforts around patching, automated configuration, and proactive system remediation.
Red Hat® Consulting partners with organizations to mechanize a predictable, repeatable, and reliable infrastructure, decreasing the time to market and reducing errors with fully automated provisioning. Using Red Hat Enterprise Linux® 8 and Red Hat Satellite, Red Hat Services subject matter experts establish a framework for a consistent build process and a modernized patch management approach across physical, virtual, container, and cloud environments. This approach deconstructs systems into layers and components that can be combined easily, released independently, and maintained as collections. By organizing these SOE builds under a centralized management platform, customers can deliver fully provisioned systems in minutes, regardless of the underlying infrastructure.
In this environment, system specifications are encoded within the configuration tooling as a living, self-documented approach to infrastructure delivery. In addition, Red Hat consultants partner with your team to activate and use the capabilities of Red Hat Insights for comprehensive analytics and reporting across your environment, including performance, security, and stability alerts and recommendations.
Get started with Red Hat Consulting
Red Hat Consulting helps customers quickly, iteratively, and strategically achieve value while building enterprise-wide capabilities. During a Red Hat Consulting engagement, teams are trained on the technology while learning and adopting methods and skills needed to sustain success now and into the future, even when the engagement is over.
In a eight-week engagement, Red Hat Consulting experts help customers design, build, and scale an SOE provisioning strategy that meets their unique business needs. Across the following phases, our experts will:
|Discover and design||
• Lead interactive architecture workshop to identify systems, environments, roles, and representative operational tasks
• Define and document Red Hat Satellite architecture, server roles and groups, and role-based access control (RBAC) model for multitenant operations
• Integrate with infrastructure services (e.g. Preboot Execution Environment (PXE)) for system provisioning
• Organize targeted systems into host groups and server roles
• Create end-to-end, reusable system provisioning processes
• Establish basic configuration and content management for targeted systems
• Build and enable RBAC model to support authorization and operations multitenancy
• Establish process and approach to develop, test, and iterate SOEs
• Provide side-by-side mentoring throughout the engagement
• Deliver and review architectural and operational documentation
Accelerate capabilities with Red Hat Training
Maximize your technology investment and master skills with our lab-intensive, real-world training. Through open enrollment, virtual classrooms, or a Red Hat Learning Subscription, Red Hat Training provides a current approach and practical application of new skills and methods to make the most efficient and effective use of modern technologies.
The Red Hat Services difference
Working directly with Red Hat engineering and support organizations, Red Hat Consulting teams bring advanced skills to deliver solutions using Red Hat products and open standards. With unique insight into upcoming features and product roadmaps, nobody is better positioned to align teams, streamline processes, and make enterprise systems and applications work together using open source and proprietary technologies.
- Straight from the source: Red Hat Consulting teams communicate directly with Red Hat support and product development organizations. Many of our consultants are also active contributors to the upstream open source communities behind Red Hat technologies, so they bring unparalleled expertise.
- Diverse technical experience: Red Hat Consulting maintains deep expertise with open source and proprietary systems and applications platforms. Our comprehensive understanding of the technology market helps us provide clients with a complete view of their environment. Our guidance is based on a holistic understanding of building enterprise systems, not just our own products.
- Mentor-based engagements: Red Hat Consulting’s approach gives clients the information and skills they need to move to Red Hat solutions in a safe and efficient manner. Red Hat believes that knowledge must be open and shared, just like source code.
- Crucial, real-world training: Red Hat Training and Certification develops role-based knowledge through hands-on training covering emerging and foundational open source technologies. It helps build real-world skills that support critical commoditization and transformation projects alike.