Red Hat® Virtualization is a complete infrastructure solution for virtualized servers and technical workstations. Built on the powerful Red Hat Enterprise Linux® platform, Red Hat Virtualization provides ease of use, agility, and security for virtualized, resource-intensive workloads. It helps organizations optimize their IT infrastructure with better performance, competitive pricing, and a trusted Red Hat environment.
With Red Hat Virtualization, you can:
- Virtualize any Linux or Windows application.
- Standardize compute, storage, and networking resources.
- Improve workload performance and efficiency.
- Improve application density and use rates of existing servers.
- Deploy an agile environment to bring products to market faster.
- Improve the performance of — while reducing the costs associated with — high-performing Linux workstations.
- Build a foundation for bimodal IT by sharing services with Red Hat OpenStack® Platform.
FEATURES AND BENEFITS
Red Hat Virtualization can be deployed on top of your existing infrastructure and easily integrates with other Red Hat and Red Hat partner products — all of which helps customers to bring modern applications to market faster.
• Red Hat Virtualization Manager provides a centralized management system with a search-driven graphical user interface.
• A system dashboard provides access to detailed information, including a global-use overview of central processing units (CPUs), memory, and storage host resources.
• A self-hosted engine provides built-in high availability for Red Hat Virtualization Manager, which is deployed as a virtual appliance.
|Security and hardening||• Secure virtualization (sVirt) and Security-Enhanced Linux (SELinux) technologies — both inherited from Red Hat Enterprise Linux — are incorporated to secure and harden the hypervisor against attacks aimed at the host or virtual machines (VMs).|
|Highly available resources||
• VMs can be configured for high availability in case of host failure.
• Hosts can be configured for power- and/or storage-based fencing for high availability.
• Red Hat Virtualization fully supports third-party tools through a Representational State Transfer (REST) application programming interface (API) that backs up, restores, and replicates VMs and infrastructure data.
|Automation and integration||
• Red Hat CloudForms integrates with Red Hat Virtualization to automate and orchestrate virtual events and provide reporting, chargeback, self-service portals, and compliance enforcement.
• Red Hat Virtualization integrates with OpenStack Glance and Neutron to ease traditional workload migration to private clouds — or to design applications that span virtual and private cloud environments.
• Integration with Red Hat Ansible® Automation streamlines administration and operations for virtualization administrators and engineers by configuring Red Hat Virtualization infrastructure and resources, such as hosts, VMs, networks, and storage.
• A RESTful API automates management and programming configurations.
• Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP) allows Red Hat Virtualization Manager to integrate with third-party monitoring systems.
• An advanced service-level agreement manager allows administrators to define host and VM policies for underlying infrastructure resources, which can also be used to guarantee service quality.
• Additional memory and CPU resources can be added without disrupting applications.
• An oVirt optimizer automatically balances existing VMs within a cluster.
• Full support is provided for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5, 6 (32- and 64-bit), and 7 (64-bit).
• Support is available for Windows Server 2008, 2008 R2, 2012 (32- and 64-bit), and 2016, as well as desktop systems Windows 7 and 10 (32- and 64-bit).
• Vendor support is provided for SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 10, 11, and 12.
|Migrate from other platforms||• Red Hat Virtualization Manager — or a command-line tool — can help migrate workloads from VMware vCenter to Red Hat Virtualization.|