A Red Hat® Certified Virtualization Administrator (RHCVA) possesses the skills, knowledge, and abilities required to deploy and manage virtualization infrastructure, hosts, and guests using Red Hat Virtualization®.
An RHCVA is capable of the following tasks:
- Installing Red Hat Virtualization Manager
- Creating datacenters, clusters, pools, and templates in Red Hat Virtualization Manager
- Installing and configuring Red Hat Virtualization hypervisors to support Linux® and manage them using Red Hat Virtualization Manager
- Performing essential management tasks such as logging and bookmarking
The following audiences may be interested in earning RHCVA:
- Linux system administrators who are responsible for or seeking responsibility for implementing and managing virtualization infrastructures
- System administrators from other platforms. Red Hat suggests RHCSA-level skills or better for those who wish to take the exam
- RHCEs who wish to earn Red Hat Certified Architect (RHCA)
- EX318 - Red Hat Certified Virtualization Administrator (RHCVA) exam
- Performance-based exam that tests knowledge to create, deploy, and manage virtual machines.
In preparation to earn an RHCVA certification, Red Hat recommends the following: