Enterprises using proprietary software often struggle with too many expensive platforms, applications, and vendors. Legacy technology slowly eats away at returns and makes it hard to respond to customer demands. These challenges limit how quickly businesses can scale for new opportunities.
A modern IT leads to happier customers
Migrating to open source technology helps improve infrastructure and application performance, and significantly cuts costs. When you're not constrained by proprietary technology, you can meet customer needs faster, more efficiently, and with greater precision. Red Hat® Consulting makes your open source migration smoother than doing it on your own.Learn the 10 rules for standard operating environments (SOEs)
Migrate to open source quickly and safely
Red Hat Consulting's established methodology takes your technology, people, and processes into consideration to reduce risk and speed migration.
Trust the open source experts
We have the expertise and tools needed to successfully navigate the entire migration process securely and efficiently and to help you standardize your platforms and configurations.
Move to Linux fast and affordably
Ready to migrate to Red Hat Enterprise Linux®? We'll work with you to get you there on schedule and on budget with our platform migration services.
Painlessly switch to open source apps
Quickly and smoothly transition and integrate apps from proprietary platforms, like IBM WebSphere and Oracle WebLogic, to Red Hat JBoss Middleware with our application migration and modernization services. Update older systems and apps to better meet your needs.
The world’s leading companies trust Red Hat Consulting to help them seamlessly migrate from prohibitive UNIX platforms to open Red Hat Enterprise Linux.Learn more
Application migrations and modernization
Customize builds according to your goals and improve the performance and productivity of your developers.Learn more
How Red Hat Consulting eases your migration to open source software
There was a substantial amount of help from Red Hat Consulting... They set up to mentor our application development teams to provide a resource where they could get the really tough technical problems solved.Jamie Williams, director of IT middleware, Sprint Learn more
- "The standards that Sprint has created with Red Hat Consulting have provided our applications with the fundamental enterprise architecture framework that will allow them to have more flexibility, and less dependency on expensive, closed source technologies in the future." - Jamie Williams, director of IT middleware, Sprint
- Union Bank
- "We benefited greatly from Red Hat Consulting as they provided valuable input and assistance in helping us migrate to Red Hat technology and dramatically improved our ability to achieve our goals. With Red Hat Consulting, we felt there was an immediate knowledge transfer, and we were very satisfied with the level of involvement and quality of knowledge provided to our team." - Mok Choe, CTO, Union Bank
- tw telecom
- "The migration from JBoss jBPM to Red Hat’s JBoss SOA Platform went smoothly. Red Hat Consulting helped with the migration and with making architectural recommendations. We got SAS up and running on Red Hat JBoss SOA Platform, and it continues to run and perform very nicely." - Craig Tystad, principal architect, tw telecom
- The introduction of Red Hat Enterprise Linux and Red Hat Satellite helps ING-DiBa increase efficiency, performance, and scalability by migrating from SPARC-Solaris servers to x86 systems running on Red Hat Enterprise Linux.
- Banco Azteca
- Banco Azteca worked with Red Hat Consulting and Red Hat Training to switch from a proprietary UNIX infrastructure to a fully standardized environment running on Red Hat Enterprise Linux. The company cut support, maintenance, and infrastructure costs by 40%; reduced application errors by 99%; and improved app response times by 50%.