Learn to configure, manage, and monitor broker instances
Red Hat® AMQ Administration (AD440) helps system administrators, architects, and developers acquire the skills they need to administer the message broker, Red Hat JBoss AMQ. Through numerous hands-on exercises, the student will create, configure, manage, and monitor broker instances including hardened, clustered brokers that provide high availability and failover.
This course is based on Red Hat JBoss AMQ 7.0.
Red Hat JBoss AMQ, part of the Red Hat application integration suite, provides application administrators, software architects, and developers the ability to integrate disparate applications in a decoupled manner using enterprise messaging paradigms.
Providing a highly performant and robust message broker, router, and client libraries for numerous languages, Red Hat JBoss AMQ is the solution for asynchronous and synchronous messaging. Red Hat AMQ Administration (AD440) helps system administrators, architects, and developers acquire the skills they need to administer Red Hat JBoss AMQ.
Through numerous hands-on exercises, the student will create, configure, manage, and monitor broker instances including hardened, clustered brokers that provide high availability and failover.
Course content summary
- Install a JBoss AMQ 7 broker
- Configure multicast and anycast addresses
- Secure the AMQ broker for authentication and authorization
- Cluster AMQ brokers
- Monitor JBoss AMQ brokers
Audience for this course
This course is intended for application administrators, developers, IT leaders, and application architects.
Prerequisites for this course
- General understanding of enterprise messaging concepts and message-oriented middleware
- Ability to read and edit XML files
Impact on the organization
This course is intended to develop the skills needed for basic administration and configuration of Red Hat JBoss AMQ 7.0. These skills are suitable for organizations that are seeking to both decrease costs by improving application development and integration time as well as improve application reliability.
Red Hat has created this course in a way intended to benefit our customers, but each company and infrastructure is unique, and actual results or benefits may vary.
Impact on the individual
As a result of attending this course, students should be able to configure, secure, and manage a Red Hat JBoss AMQ 7.0 broker to create and integrate message-driven applications.
Recommended next exam or course
- Red Hat Certified Specialist in Messaging Administration exam (EX440)
- Demonstrate your skills and knowledge to manage and configure Red Hat AMQ administration.
- Red Hat JBoss Application Administration I (AD248)
- Learn to install, configure, and manage Red Hat JBoss Enterprise Application Platform (EAP).