Create, scale, and manage automation with Red Hat Ansible Automation Platform
Ansible Basics: Automation Technical Overview (DO007) is a series of on-demand, online videos that introduce you to the Red Hat Ansible Automation Platform. Learn configuration management, provisioning, deploying, and managing compute infrastructure across cloud, virtual, and physical environments with Ansible.
Course content summary
Note: You can view all videos or only the ones that interest you. There are no hands-on labs or course completion recognition associated with this course.
Audience for this course
IT leaders, administrators, engineers, architects, and anyone else seeking a high-level understanding of Ansible and to learn to build Ansible from the ground up.
Prerequisites for this course
- We recommend having basic Linux® system administration skills.
Outline for this course
- Course overview: What you can expect to learn in this Technical Overview
- Ansible introduction: The benefits of the Ansible Automation Platform
- Creating automation: Understanding how Ansible works
- Ansible basics: Using Ansible inventories, main Ansible config file, and modules
- Playbook basics: Using Ansible plays, tasks and modules, and playbook runs
- Ansible variables: Understanding variables, debug module, Ansible facts
- Ansible constructs: Using conditionals, handlers, loops
- Templating: Building templates, template module, Jinja2
- Roles: Understanding what roles are and what they look like, and using Galaxy and Automation Hub
- Introduction to automation controller: Operationalizing your automation
- Building an automation job: Understanding inventories, credentials, syncing a project, and building a job template
- Self-Service IT: Using surveys and building a job template
- Role-based access control: Setting access controls for organizations and teams
- Workflows: Using workflow visualizer and understanding convergence and divergence
- Next steps: Where to learn more about Ansible