Impact on the organization
This course is intended to expose you to container and container orchestration technologies such as Docker, Kubernetes, and Red Hat OpenShift. You are taught how to containerize software applications and services. Moving applications and services from traditional deployment platforms to container deployments make the applications deployable on a single clustered cloud architecture instead of many disparate sets of hardware configurations. Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform enables rapid application development and deployment, as well as portability of an application across environments. It also offers simplified application scaling, administration, and maintenance of adapted or cloud-native applications.
Red Hat has created this course in a way intended to benefit our customers, but each company and infrastructure is unique, and actual results or benefits may vary.
Impact on the individual
As a result of attending this course, you should be able to install, configure, and manage a Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform cluster and deploy applications on it.
You should be able to demonstrate these skills:
- Install OpenShift Container Platform to create a simple cluster.
- Configure and manage OpenShift Container Platform masters and nodes.
- Secure OpenShift Container Platform with a simple internal authentication mechanism.
- Control access to resources on OpenShift Container Platform.
- Deploy applications on OpenShift Container Platform using source-to-image (S2I).
- Configure and manage OpenShift Container Platform pods, services, routes, secrets, and other resources.