Impact on the organization
This course is intended to develop the skills needed to design, build, and deploy containerized applications that are highly available, resilient, and scalable, using Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform. This course demonstrates how to best use the tools provided by Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform to enable rapid application development and deployment, as well as increase portability of applications across environments.
Red Hat has created this course in a way intended to benefit our customers, but each company and infrastructure is unique, and actual results or benefits may vary.
Impact on the individual
As a result of attending this course, the student should be able to take advantage of the platform in a popular DevOps environment. This course is part of a series of DevOps courses centered on the use of OpenShift to enable continuous delivery—a key goal in the DevOps philosophy. Red Hat is committed in being a leader in providing prescriptive approaches to DevOps using Red Hat and other open source technologies.
Students should be able to demonstrate the following skills:
- Deploy applications in Docker using images
- Describe the architecture of Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform
- Control and maintain applications using the OpenShift command-line interface
- Define, build, and deploy an application on Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform
- Establish continuous integration of an application from source code to deployment using Jenkins
- Create deployments that utilize clustering, load balancing, and customized node scheduling
- Troubleshoot problems involving application performance or deployment with debugging tools and log files
- Create custom source-to-image (s2i) builder images and templates
- Deploy a mutli-pod application to Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform using Jenkins for continuous integration
- Install and update software packages
- Access Linux file systems
- Manage Linux networking