Learn how to automate Linux system administration tasks with Ansible
Automation with Ansible with exam (DO408) is designed for Linux system administrators and developers who need to automate provisioning, configuration, application deployment, and orchestration. You will learn how to install and configure Ansible on a management workstation and prepare managed hosts for automation, as well as validating that knowledge.
This course is based on Red Hat® Ansible Engine 2.7. This course also includes Red Hat Certified Specialist in Ansible Automation exam (EX407).
Incorporating IT automation is key to managing large numbers of systems and applications efficiently and consistently at scale. In this course, you will write Ansible playbooks to automate tasks, and you will run them to ensure servers are correctly deployed and configured. You will also explore examples of how to approach the automation of common Linux system administration tasks.
The material covered in this curriculum is now included within our newly released Red Hat System Administration III: Linux Automation with Ansible and exam (RH295), which covers how to use Red Hat Ansible Automation to automate across different functions. If you are interested in learning how to scale infrastructure efficiently, begin your journey with Linux automation today.
Course content summary
- Install Ansible/Red Hat Ansible Engine on control nodes.
- Create and update inventories of managed hosts and manage connections to them.
- Automate administration tasks with Ansible playbooks and ad hoc commands.
- Write effective Ansible playbooks at scale.
- Protect sensitive data used by Ansible with Ansible Vault.
- Reuse code and simplify playbook development with Ansible roles.
Audience for this course
This course and exam are designed for Linux system administrators, DevOps engineers, infrastructure automation engineers, and systems design engineers. The curriculum is particularly geared toward those responsible for automation of configuration management; consistent and repeatable application deployment; provisioning and deployment of development, testing, and production servers; and integration with DevOps CI/CD workflows.
Prerequisites for this course
Impact on the organization
This course is intended to develop and validate the skills needed to efficiently operate and more easily scale the organization's dynamic IT infrastructure, accelerate application time to value, and rapidly adapt and implement needed innovation through DevOps practices. The ability to use Red Hat Ansible Automation more effectively helps improve operational agility while ensuring necessary controls and consistency.
Red Hat has created this course in a way intended to benefit our customers, but each company and infrastructure is unique, and actual results or benefits may vary.
Impact on the individual
As a result of attending this course, you should be able to use Ansible for the purpose of automation, configuration, and management. You should be able to demonstrate and validate these skills:
- Install and configure Ansible or Red Hat Ansible Engine on a control node.
- Create and manage inventories of managed hosts and prepare them for Ansible automation.
- Run individual ad hoc automation tasks from the command line.
- Write Ansible playbooks to consistently automate multiple tasks and apply them to managed hosts.
- Parameterize playbooks using variables and facts, and protect sensitive data with Ansible Vault.
- Write and reuse existing Ansible roles to simplify playbook creation and reuse code.
- Automate common Red Hat Enterprise Linux system administration tasks using Ansible.
Recommended next exam or course