Supporting the infrastructure for adoption of container technology and container-native applications, Kubernetes, and DevOps practices
The Container Adoption Boot Camp for Administrators (DO700) immerses you in intensive, hands-on management of container-native applications deployed on Red Hat's implementation of Kubernetes, Red Hat® OpenShift® Container Platform, at enterprise scale. This course is for those seeking to make a quantum leap in their digital transformation journey. Making this shift requires the ability to support a growing number of clusters, stakeholders, applications, and users to achieve large-scale deployments. As part of enrollment, you will receive one year of Red Hat Learning Subscription Standard, which gives you unlimited access to all of our courses online, plus up to five certification exams and two retakes.
This collection of courses is based on Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform 4.10.
Following course completion, you will receive a 45-day extended access to hands-on labs for any course that includes a virtual environment.Note: This course is offered as a ten day virtual class. Durations may vary based on the delivery. For full course details, scheduling, and pricing, select your location then “get started” on the right hand menu.
Course content summary
- Introduction to Containers, Kubernetes, and Red Hat OpenShift
- Manage local containers and building container images
- Deploy and troubleshoot containerized applications for OpenShift
- Control access to projects using role-based access control (RBAC)
- Control resource usage through quotas and limits
- Isolate applications though network policies
- Automate OpenShift administration tasks using Ansible and Jenkins
- Provision persistent storage tailored for application requirements
- Manage monitoring metrics and alerts
- Deploying and configuring log aggregation
Audience for this course
System Administrators, Cloud Engineers, and Site Reliability Engineers (SREs) interested in adopting container and Kubernetes technologies.
Get started with container technology
Describe how applications can run in containers orchestrated by OpenShift Container Platform.
Impact on the organization
- This Bootcamp is intended to provide container-novice administrators with the foundational and advanced skills needed to configure, manage, and automate the Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform to deploy containerized applications that are highly available, resilient, and scalable. Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform enables rapid application development and deployment, as well as portability of an application across environments. The platform also offers simplified application scaling, administration, and maintenance of adapted or cloud-native applications.
Impact on the individual
As a result of attending this course, you should be able to configure and manage a Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform 4 clusters at scale, including:
- Configure security controls for users, applications, and networking.
- Integrate OpenShift with enterprise authentication, storage, CI/CD, and GitOps systems to improve productivity of IT operations and compliance with organization’s standards.
- Troubleshoot techniques to identify issues with containerized applications, cluster operators and compute capacity.
Take this course as part of a Red Hat Learning Subscription, which gives you on-demand, unlimited access to our online learning resources for an entire year.
Fill out a free assessment to establish your skill level on Red Hat products and identify where you can start on the path that a learning subscription can help you travel.