Impact on the organization
This course is intended to develop the skills needed to improve infrastructure performance, increase system utilization and security, and responsiveness to system failures by introducing advanced administration tasks and techniques. The result should be improved infrastructure security, lower costs of infrastructure services, more robust IT infrastructure, faster deployment of open source technologies, and improved quality of infrastructure services and products.
Red Hat has created this course in a way intended to benefit our customers, but each company and infrastructure is unique, and actual results or benefits may vary.
Impact on the individual
As a result of attending this course, students should be able to perform the key tasks needed as a full time Linux system engineer or consultant. This course introduces enterprise Linux advanced administration topics, including service and daemon control, network configuration and troubleshooting, NFS and SAMBA file server configuration, Apache HTTP web server management, MariaDB SQL database configuration, Postfix SMTP configuration, DNS troubleshooting, and bash scripting.
Students should be able to demonstrate the following skills:
- Control services and daemons.
- Manage networking.
- Configure link aggregation, bridging, teaming, and bonding.
- Configure filters with firewalls.
- Permit and reject access to network services using SELinux.
- Manage DNS servers.
- Configure SMTP email delivery.
- Provide iSCSI block storage.
- Configure NFS and SAMBA file-based storage.
- Configure MariaDB SQL database.
- AConfigure Apache HTTPD with TLS-enabled virtual hosts.
- Write simple bash automation scripts.