Learn how to configure Red Hat Satellite 6 to deploy and manage Red Hat Enterprise Linux systems and software
Red Hat Satellite 6 Administration with exam (RH404) explores and validates the concepts and methods necessary for successful large-scale management of Red Hat® Enterprise Linux® systems. You will learn and demonstrate your ability to configure Red Hat Satellite 6 on a server and populate it with software packages. You will use Red Hat Satellite to manage the software development life cycle of a subscribed host and its configuration, and learn how to provision hosts integrated with software and Ansible® configuration management upon deployment.
This offering includes the Red Hat Certified Specialist in Deployment and Systems Management exam (EX403) and is based on Red Hat Enterprise Linux 8 and Red Hat Satellite 6.11.
- Verify a Red Hat Satellite 6.11 installation.
- Regulate Red Hat Satellite with organizations, locations, users, and roles.
- Manage software with Red Hat Satellite environments and content views.
- Use Red Hat Satellite to configure hosts with Ansible playbooks and roles.
- Provision hosts with integrated software and configuration management.
- Implement Metal-as-a-Service (MaaS) with Satellite discovery and provisioning of unprovisioned hosts.
Audience for this offering
- Senior Red Hat Enterprise Linux system administrators responsible for the management of multiple servers
Recommended for this offering
- Be a Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE®) or demonstrate equivalent experience
- Achieve Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE) certification, or equivalent experience.
- Have experience with Red Hat Satellite 6
Outline for this offering
- Plan and deploy Red Hat Satellite
- Plan a Red Hat Satellite deployment, then perform installation and initial configuration of Red Hat Satellite servers.
- Manage software life cycles
- Create and manage Red Hat software deployment life cycle environments.
- Register hosts
- Register and configure your Red Hat Enterprise Linux systems to use Red Hat Satellite, then organize those systems into groups for easier management.
- Deploy software to hosts
- Manage software deployment to registered hosts of your Red Hat Satellite infrastructure and practice managing environment paths, life cycle environments, and content views.
- Deploy custom software
- Create, manage, and deploy custom software products and repositories.
- Deploy Satellite capsule servers
- Perform installation and initial configuration of Red Hat Satellite capsule servers as components of a deployment plan.
- Provision hosts
- Configure Satellite server for host deployment and perform host provisioning.
- Manage Red Hat Satellite using the API
- Integrate Red Hat Satellite functionality with custom scripts or external applications that access the API over HTTP.
- Plan a Red Hat Satellite deployment on a cloud platform
- Plan a Red Hat Satellite deployment, installation, and initial configuration on a cloud platform.
- Perform Red Hat Satellite server maintenance
- Manage Red Hat Satellite for security, recoverability, and growth.
- Comprehensive review
- Install and configure Red Hat Satellite Server, then provision content hosts.
Note: Course outline is subject to change with technology advances and as the nature of the underlying job evolves. For questions or confirmation on a specific objective or topic, please contact one of our training specialists.
Impact on the organization
This offering develops and validates the skills needed to more efficiently design, configure, test, and deploy computer systems within an organization. The ability to apply these skills will reduce unexpected downtime of systems and facilitate more efficient deployment of new systems, applications, and features.
Red Hat has created this offering in a way intended to benefit our customers, but each company and infrastructure is unique, and actual results or benefits may vary.
Impact on the individual
As a result of completing this offering, you should be able to employ the software development life cycle process to plan, create, test, and provision host systems within an organization.
Recommended next course or exam
- Red Hat Security: Linux in Physical, Virtual, and Cloud (RH415)
- Manage the secure operation of servers running Red Hat® Enterprise Linux®, whether deployed on physical hardware, as virtual machines, or as cloud instances.
- Red Hat Certified Specialist in Deployment and Systems Management exam (EX403)
- Demonstrate your knowledge, skills, and ability to use Red Hat products, including Red Hat® Enterprise Linux® and Red Hat Satellite Server, to deploy and manage systems in an efficient, scalable, replicable, and reliable manner.
- Developing Advanced Automation with Red Hat Ansible Automation Platform (DO374)
- Advance your Ansible skills and develop automation that scales by applying recommended practices with the new, container focused tools from Red Hat Ansible Automation Platform.