Managing a complex, hybrid IT environment can require multiple management tools, redundant policy implementations, and extra staff to handle the operations. Red Hat® CloudForms simplifies IT, providing unified management and operations in a hybrid environment.
As your IT infrastructure progresses from traditional virtualization toward an Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) model, CloudForms evolves, protecting your investments and providing consistent user experience and functionality.
Accelerate service delivery and reduce operational costs
- Self-service portal and catalog with automatic provisioning
- Workload life-cycle management, including reconfiguration and retirement
- Resource quota enforcement, cost allocation, and chargeback
Improve operational visibility and control
- Continuous discovery, monitoring, and tracking
- Resource usage, optimization, and capacity planning
- Entity relationship planning with timelines and events
Ensure compliance and governance
- Automated policy enforcement and remediation
- Segmented user access with approval workflows
- Configuration auditing, change tracking, and drift analysis
We analyzed the numbers and realized with Red Hat we saved almost 10 years of time and almost $5 million in soft savings.Jason Cornell, manager of cloud and infrastructure automation, Cox Automotive Watch the video
CloudForms gives you choice and flexibility while providing a unified and consistent set of management capabilities across:
- Virtualization platforms like Red Hat Virtualization, VMware vCenter, and Microsoft Hyper-V.
- Private cloud platforms based on OpenStack®.
- Public cloud platforms like Amazon Web Services and Microsoft Azure.
CloudForms can see and manage both the guest and host systems, allowing management of workloads and infrastructure within the same system.
CloudForms starts with a web-based self-service catalog and extends to cover the complete life-cycle, operational, resource, and financial management of the deployed services―all within the same system.
CloudForms scans and discovers existing resources and their relationships, letting it easily manage current environments. CloudForms then continuously monitors those resources and scans for new ones, giving you exceptional visibility into the operations of the environment.
With CloudForms, you can apply corporate compliance and governance policies across all environments. Robust policy is supported by the comprehensive insights that CloudForms gathers on all resources under management. Automatic policy enforcement helps ensure that defined policy rules aren't bypassed.
CloudForms is designed for the rigors of enterprise environments. It's delivered as a virtual appliance, so you can deploy it quickly, bringing existing environments under management within hours. You can integrate data and resources with third-party systems to compose a comprehensive management solution. And CloudForms can scale both horizontally and vertically, with highly available data stores and services.
Our training courses are hands-on and role-based. This means students stay at their keyboards for up to 80% of a course, boosting the retention of skills they'll use every day. We offer several convenient ways to train and save, and training facilities around the world. Visit our student center to learn more, or read some training successes.
- Red Hat CloudForms Hybrid Cloud Management (CL220)
- Teaches you how to perform an initial configuration and setup of Red Hat CloudForms.
Employers notice Red Hat certifications. They know that to become Red Hat Certified Professionals, candidates must complete real-world tasks using our technologies—not just answer questions about them. Build your career by getting certified. We offer multiple exam locations and ways to train.Learn more about Red Hat certification
Let Red Hat Consulting help you successfully deploy Red Hat CloudForms. Have unallocated end-of-year budget? Consider using Consulting Units to secure resources you'll need in the upcoming year—without committing to a specific topic up front.
- Red Hat Consulting Discovery Session: Cloud Strategy
- Red Hat Consulting Assessment: Infrastructure-as-a-Service
- Red Hat Consulting: Cloud migrations
Collaboration is a pillar of the open source community. And it’s how Red Hat approaches support. Connect to Red Hat Support to access industry-leading technical resources available in our award-winning Red Hat Customer Portal anywhere, any time.
In keeping with the open source way, we like to keep the lines of communication open. So whether you're a customer or just interested in learning more, connect with us. We're eager to answer questions.
- Contact sales
- Our sales representatives are knowledgeable, friendly, and always ready to help.
- Find a partner
- Find a Red Hat partner that sells Red Hat CloudForms.
- Sign up for our cloud newsletter
- Read about top cloud-industry articles and trends, with links to Red Hat webinars, demos, blogs, and events.
We chose Red Hat CloudForms to transform our existing virtualization infrastructure into a true private cloud.Travis Rollings, Director of Office Systems, Herzog Technologies Learn More
Red Hat CloudForms won "Best Cloud Management Solution" in the software category of the 2015 SIIA CODiE Awards.
Red Hat CloudForms 3.1 wins "Best of VMworld 2014" finalist award in the "Private Cloud Computing Technologies" category.
Red Hat CloudForms won the 2014 editor's choice award for best Virtualization Automation product from Virtualization Review.
- Cloud management for OpenStack with Red Hat CloudForms
- Cloud and virtualization operations management
- Red Hat Open IaaS Architecture Service
- Enterprise-grade management for AWS with Red Hat CloudForms
- Red Hat CloudForms: Cloud resource management the right way
- Executive overview: The agility gap in today's private clouds
- Cox Automotive: Journey to cloud management with Red Hat
- Managing Red Hat Enterprise Linux OpenStack Platform
- Red Hat CloudForms: The benefits of an open cloud
- Red Hat CloudForms: Overview
- CBTS enhances customer services with Red Hat CloudForms