Virtualization's widespread applicability has helped reduce vendor lock-in, allowing companies to update their IT environments with less-expensive commodity servers, operating systems, and applications from a variety of vendors. Red Hat CloudForms can help organizations continue to avoid vendor lock-in by migrating virtual machines (VMs) to lower cost virtual infrastructure platforms and operating them across multiple hypervisors—such as Red Hat Virtualization, Kernel-based Virtual Machine, and VMware.
Using Red Hat CloudForms to manage virtual platforms, you can:
- Implement self-service ordering with complete VM life-cycle management.
- See and control security, performance, and capacity for all VMs.
- Maintain VM compliance with corporate, industry, and government requirements.
Red Hat CloudForms brings the interoperability, workload portability, and flexibility of open source to private cloud environments. It’s engineered to work with Red Hat OpenStack® Platform and includes management and automation capabilities that aren’t available in the OpenStack project. Additionally, Red Hat CloudForms can help you operate your private cloud more safely by implementing governance and enforcing compliance.
Using Red Hat CloudForms to manage Private clouds, you can:
- Manage, approve, automatically provision, customize, secure, and retire cloud instances.
- Track private cloud operations, such as performance, capacity, use, and compliance.
- Track private cloud resource life cycles and use.
- Identify idle resources.
- Bring existing deployments under management without changing the process.
For all the applicability and scalability Stuff-as-a-Service provides, it hasn't replaced the need for physical servers. Red Hat CloudForms is compatible with Lenovo XClarity—an integration that gives system administrators valuable insight into on-premise capacity and its impact on other resources within your hybrid infrastructure.
Using Red Hat CloudForms to manage physical infrastructure, you can:
- Discover and manage physical compute infrastructure alongside virtual and multicloud resources in a single display.
Explore related resources
What you get
Your Red Hat subscription comes with award-winning support; the industry's largest ecosystem of partners, customers, and experts; hardware certification; and a connection to open source communities where we source the best features and make them safe for our enterprise products.
Need more? The biggest names in cloud computing partner with Red Hat.
Get access to technical experts and support services to help you successfully build, deploy, and manage your cloud.