OpenStack lets you design a unique yet standardized cloud platform—but why and how are other enterprises using it? We cover that with advice and research.
In this issue
OpenStack and private clouds
- Is OpenStack right for your enterprise?
- FEATURED 4 OpenStack use cases
- Survey says: OpenStack and the private cloud
- Customer spotlight: EMBL-EBI builds research collaboration platform with OpenStack
- More to learn: What You Need to Know About OpenStack | Want OpenStack benefits? Put your private cloud plan in place first. | OpenStack May Not Be As Complex As You Think
- Recommended | Red Hat news and more | Related events
Did you miss March's newsletter about open hybrid cloud? Check it out
From the editor
Is OpenStack right for your enterprise?
OpenStack®―a set of open source tools for creating and managing private and public clouds―lets you design a unique yet standardized cloud platform. But is it worth the considerable time, budget, and effort required to install and manage it? First ask yourself: How will we use it in production? Will we train our team to support it or invest in an enterprise solution? What will we achieve in return for our investment?
It’s also helpful to learn why and how other enterprises are using OpenStack. We cover that this month along with advice and research stats. Plus, get a Red Hat® Summit preview.
4 OpenStack use cases
What kinds of organizations use OpenStack? Why do they adopt OpenStack in the first place? What do they hope to achieve with it, and how’s it working for them so far? In this on-demand webinar, 451 Research’s Al Sadowski answers these questions and shares 4 ways organizations are using OpenStack.
Get some ideas
OpenStack and the private cloud
Source: "OpenStack Platform Delivers for Private Cloud Users" 451 Research, sponsored by Red Hat. December 2016.
- 90% of user organizations surveyed cited increased security as the top benefit of private cloud.
- 70% cited global compliance, enhanced control, flexibility, and data management as further private cloud benefits.
- 63% choose a vendor’s distribution of OpenStack or managed service.
- 21% choose a do-it-yourself approach to OpenStack.
EMBL-EBI builds research collaboration platform with OpenStack
The European Bioinformatics Institute (EMBL-EBI) freely shares data from life-science experiments with researchers worldwide. Using OpenStack, the institute simplified data access for researchers with a flexible, scalable collaboration platform.
Do some fieldwork
More to learn
What You Need to Know About OpenStack
Cut through myths surrounding OpenStack and learn about typical deployment models in this InformationWeek article.
Want OpenStack benefits? Put your private cloud plan in place first.
TechTarget explains how to get the most out of your OpenStack investment.
What's the plan?
OpenStack May Not Be As Complex As You Think
Red Hat's principal cloud architect says you can get into OpenStack, 1 step at a time, accomplishing business objectives along the way.
Walk, don't run
Red Hat Summit 2017
The (totally nonthreatening) AI revolution is here
If you follow our award-winning Open Source Stories film series, you'll love "The Road to A.I.," which premieres at this year's Red Hat Summit. (Watch the trailer now.)
But don't wait until May to learn about the silent revolution of artificial intelligence (A.I.). Check out "A.I. Revolutionaries," our new 4-part article series about A.I., open source, and the people behind it all.
Will there be evil robots?
New offerings and releases
Around the web
Subscribe to Red Hat Shares