Blog de Red Hat
Six months ago we announced the beta availability of Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7. Two months ago, at Red Hat Summit 2014, we announced the availability of a release candidate for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7. All the while we have been validating what’s new, different, and exciting about what Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7 has to offer – including:
- Linux containers as a key application packaging and delivery technology
- Active Directory / Identity Management (IdM) integration
- additional file system choices
- a new and improved installation experience
- managing Linux servers with OpenLMI
- enhancements to both NFS and GFS2
- optimized network management, bandwidth, and security
- the use of KVM Virtualization technology
- running Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7 as a guest OS
- and new features that enable you to bolster your network defenses
Today we are pleased to announce the general availability of Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7, the latest major release of our flagship platform. As stated in this morning’s press release:
“Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7 not only lays the foundation for the open hybrid cloud and serves enterprise workloads across converged infrastructures; it pushes the operating system beyond today’s position as a commodity platform. Built to meet modern datacenter demands along with next-generation IT requirements, Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7 powers the spectrum of enterprise IT, from application containers to cloud services.”
Three weeks ago I suggested that you sign up for and attend today’s virtual event. Some good news: even if you didn’t sign up – there’s still time! To join today’s virtual event (to be held at 11:00 EDT) or to view the replay after the event is over, click here.
Interested in learning even more about Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7? Check out what’s new on the Red Hat Enterprise Linux product page, dive deeper at the Red Hat Customer Portal, or watch our engineers demonstrate new functionality on the Red Hat Enterprise Linux YouTube channel.
Ready to explore all that Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7 has to offer? Download Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7 now by clicking here (note: requires login).
Finally, if you have (any) questions about Red Hat Enterprise Linux and/or if you have suggestions for topics that you would like to see us cover on the Red Hat Enterprise Linux Blog – don’t hesitate to make use of the comments section below. As always, we look forward to hearing from you!