Red Hat ranked "leader" in API management
Full life cycle application programming interface (API) management has become a necessity for organizations to benefit from APIs and their integration in a digital strategy. Gartner compared 19 API management vendors in their "Magic Quadrant for Full Life Cycle API Management" report and found that Red Hat’s offering, Red Hat 3scale API Management, ranked as a leader—with strength in both vision and execution.
This analysis found that Red Hat’s offering, Red Hat 3scale API Management, is "focused and mature" and that it differed from competitors through a distributed architecture with on-premises agents and policy management in the cloud.
Gartner also found that Red Hat 3scale API Management included a full-featured developer portal and that it empowers the users with greater sales power, geographical distribution, and ties with other app infrastructure and integration products.
Gartner found that the strengths of Red Hat and Red Hat 3scale API Management included:
- A fully functional API management platform
- A full-featured developer portal
- Greater sales power, geographical distribution, and ties with other infrastructure and integration products
- A solid understanding of the API management market highlighted by a powerful vision
- A soon-to-be fully open-source API management platform
Learn how Red Hat compares in Gartner’s API management report.