As an open source, unified software-defined storage solution, Ceph is consistently and overwhelming preferred by OpenStack® users. Ceph scales out flexibly, massively, and efficiently on commodity hardware like OpenStack, and it maps to OpenStack's component architecture and services for tight integration between technologies, which cloud administrators appreciate.
Join this webinar to learn about:
- How Ceph is integrated into Nova, Glance, Keystone, Cinder, and Manila.
- Why using traditional storage products won’t give you the full benefits of an elastic cloud infrastructure.
- Flexible deployment options available through Red Hat® OpenStack Platform and Red Hat Ceph Storage for seamless operations and key scenarios like disaster recovery.
- Architectural options for deploying a multisite OpenStack cluster and cover the varying levels of maturity in the OpenStack services for configuring multisite.
We'll conclude by showing how other technologies, such as Intel SSDs, are using OpenStack and Ceph to increase performance and reduce power consumption, while calling attention to reference architectures and best practices for Ceph and SSDs.
- Federico Lucifredi, product management director, Ceph, Red Hat
- Sean Cohen, associate manager, OpenStack Product Team, Red Hat
- Sebastien Han, senior architect, Red Hat
The OpenStack® Word Mark and OpenStack Logo are either registered trademarks / service marks or trademarks / service marks of the OpenStack Foundation, in the United States and other countries and are used with the OpenStack Foundation's permission. We are not affiliated with, endorsed or sponsored by the OpenStack Foundation or the OpenStack community.
Date: Thursday, November 10, 2016
Time: 2:00 p.m. ET
Length: 1 hour
Audience: Business and technical