The Star Office Licenses is also avaiable as a PDF file. If you are running Red Hat Linux, you can read the file with xpdf or gv. You can also download and install Adobe Acrobat Reader, which is available for Linux on i386 machines, Macintosh and Microsoft Windows.
Star Office License [18K]
READ THE TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT AND ANY PROVIDED SUPPLEMENTAL LICENSE
TERMS (COLLECTIVELY "AGREEMENT") CAREFULLY BEFORE OPENING THE SOFTWARE
MEDIA PACKAGE. BY OPENING THE SOFTWARE MEDIA PACKAGE, YOU AGREE TO
THE TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT. IF YOU ARE ACCESSING THE SOFTWARE
ELECTRONICALLY, INDICATE YOUR ACCEPTANCE OF THESE TERMS BY SELECTING
THE "ACCEPT" BUTTON AT THE END OF THIS AGREEMENT. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE
TO ALL OF THESE TERMS, PROMPTLY RETURN THE UNUSED SOFTWARE TO YOUR
PLACE OF PURCHASE FOR A REFUND OR, IF THE SOFTWARE IS ACCESSED
ELECTRONICALLY, SELECT THE "CANCEL" BUTTON AT THE END OF THIS
1. License to Use. Sun Microsystems, Inc. ("Sun") grants to you a
non-exclusive and non-transferable license for the internal use only
of the accompanying software and documentation and any error
corrections provided by Sun (collectively "Software"). You have no
right to distribute the Software.
2. Restrictions. Software is confidential and copyrighted. Title to
Software and all associated intellectual property rights is retained
by Sun and/or its licensors. You may make copies of Software only for
your internal use provided that you reproduce all notices in and on
Software, including this Agreement. Unless enforcement is prohibited
by applicable law, you may not modify, decompile, disassemble, or
otherwise reverse engineer Software. You acknowledge that the
Software is not designed or intended for use in on-line control of
aircraft, air traffic, aircraft navigation or aircraft communications;
or in the design, construction, operation or maintenance of any
nuclear facility. Sun disclaims any express or implied warranty of
fitness for such uses. No right, title or interest in or to any
trademark, service mark, logo, or trade name of Sun or its licensors
is granted under this Agreement.
3. Limited Warranty. Sun warrants to you that for a period of ninety
(90) days from the date of purchase, as evidenced by a copy of the
receipt, the media on which Software is furnished (if any) will be
free of defects in materials and workmanship under normal use. Except
for the foregoing, Software is provided "AS IS". Your exclusive
remedy and Sun's entire liability under this limited warranty will be
at Sun's option to replace the Software media or refund the fee paid
for the Software.
4. Disclaimer of Warranty. UNLESS SPECIFIED IN THIS AGREEMENT, ALL
EXPRESS OR IMPLIED CONDITIONS, REPRESENTAIONS AND WARRANTIES,
INCLUDING ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A
PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT, ARE DISCLAIMED, EXCEPT TO THE
EXTENT THAT THESE DISCLAIMERS ARE HELD TO BE LEGALLY INVALID.
5. Limitation of Liability. TO THE EXTENT NOT PROHIBITED BY
APPLICABLE LAW, IN NO EVENT WILL SUN OR ITS LICENSORS BE LIABILE FOR
ANY LOST REVENUE, PROFIT OR DATA, OR FOR SPECIAL, INDIRECT,
CONSEQUENTIAL, INCIDENTAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, HOWEVER CAUSED AND
REGARDLES OF THE THEORY OF LIABILITY, ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO THE
USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE SOFTWARE, EVEN IF SUN HAS BEEN ADVISED OF
THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. In no event will Sun's liability to
you, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), or otherwise,
exceed the amount paid by you for Software under this Agreement. The
foregoing limitations will apply even if the above stated warranty
fails of its essential purpose.
6. Termination. This Agreement is effective until terminated. You
may terminate this Agreement at any time by destroying all copies of
Software. This Agreement will terminate immediately without notice
from Sun if you fail to comply with any provision of this Agreement.
Upon termination, you must destroy all copies of Software.
7. Export Regulations. All Software and technical data delivered
under this Agreement are subject to U.S. export control laws and may
be subject to export or import regulations in other countries. You
agree to comply strictly with all such laws and regulations and
acknowledge that you have the responsibility to obtain such licenses
to export, re-export, or import as may be required after delivery to
8. U.S. Government Restricted Rights. If this Software is being acquired by or on behalf of the U.S. Government or by a U.S. Government prime contractor or subcontractor (at any tier), then the Government's rights in the Software shall be only as set forth in this Agreement; this is in accordance with 48 C.F.R. 227.7201 through 227.7202-4 (for Department of Defense (DoD) acquisitions) and with 48 C.F.R. 2.101 and 12.212 (for non-D0D acquisitions).
9. Governing Law. Any action related to this Agreement will be governed by California law and controlling U.S. federal law. No choice of law rules of any jurisdiction will apply. Each party agrees that it shall bring no action arising out of or related to this Agreement except in the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California or the Superior Court of California, County of Santa Clara, as applicable, and the parties submit exclusively to the personal jurisdiction and venue of such Courts.
10. Severability. If any provision of this Agreement is held to be unenforceable, this Agreement will remain in effect with the provision omitted, unless omission of the provision would frustrate the intent of the parties, in which case this Agreement will immediately terminate.
11. Integration. This Agreement is the entire agreement between you and Sun relating to its subject matter. It supersedes all prior or contemporaneous oral or written communications, proposals, representations and warranties and prevails over any conflicting or additional terms of any quote, order, acknowledgment, or other communication between the parties relating to its subject matter during the term of this Agreement. No modification of this Agreement will be binding, unless in writing and signed by an authorized representative of each party.
For inquiries, please contact: Sun Microsystems, Inc., 901 San Antonio Road, Palo Alto, California 94303.