Blog Red Hat
In a commissioned study conducted by Forrester Consulting on behalf of Red Hat, 44% of IT professionals identified performance in their top three concerns for adopting container technologies. Benchmarks indicate that containers result in equal or better performance than virtual machines in almost all cases, with the runtime costs of containers as “negligible”.
What are the abstraction costs and what do you need to consider when running container-based applications on Atomic Enterprise Platform Public Preview?
Performance tuning and scaling fundamentals do not change when you’re working with container-based applications. Join Red Hat senior principal software engineer Jeremy Eder for this webinar on February 10th at 11:00 ET, to gain a better understanding of the impact of containers on performance and scale. In this webinar, Jeremy will help you to:
- Understand your tuning options (and where the knobs are)
- What tunings provide the highest value
- Run performance sensitive workloads on Atomic Enterprise Platform
- Learn what Red Hat is doing upstream to improve performance and scale
Wednesday, February 10, 2016 from 11:00 AM to 12:00 PM (ET)
- Jeremy Eder, Senior Principal Software Engineer, Red Hat