Sélectionner une langue
The premier open source technology conference, Red Hat Summit, is only days away at San Francisco’s Moscone Center, June 27-30, and many attendees are beginning to fill their Summit calendar. Some of the content we’re most excited about this year is from our customers. From keynotes and sessions, the power of participation will be in full effect at this year’s Summit, providing attendees an opportunity to hear from dozens of customers from around the world on how they are using open source to solve some of their most challenging IT issues. From Linux and cloud, to containers, integration, mobile, and more, attendees at Red Hat Summit will get to hear firsthand how others are working with Red Hat to advance datacenter modernization, digital transformation, and more.
With more than 50 customers featured at Red Hat Summit 2016, here are a few highlights:
- Customer keynotes - Attendees will hear from Elwin Loomis, senior director of Store of the Future at Target, about Target's approach to a true DevOps culture and how through technology and talent, they plan to stay on top in a rapidly changing world. Tom Soderstrom, IT chief technology officer at NASA’s Jet Propulsion Laboratory, believes the key to innovation lies in openness, and will discuss JPL's use of the open development model to experiment and innovate faster than ever before.
- Industry-specific sessions - On the financial services front, BlackRock, Capital One, and TD Bank, will discuss how they’re handling their "uber moment"; Hospital Italiano of Buenos Aires and AcuteNet will explain how they keep up with innovation on the healthcare front; and telco leaders, Orange and Verizon, will show how they do reliability, availability, and serviceability at cloud scale. We’ll also hear how The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill is enabling open innovation with open source.
- Cloud and management sessions - Attendees will learn how Amadeus, a leading provider of advanced technology solutions for the global travel industry, migrated to JBoss and OpenShift. Note, if you’re interested in running containers in production, this is a can’t miss session. We’ll also hear how General Mills cut virtual machine creation time by 75% with Red Hat CloudForms; learn how Paddy Power Betfair and Capgemini US LLC built private clouds with OpenStack; talk about OpenShift and microservices best practices with LeShop.ch; and hear how Intelligent Payments moved from legacy monoliths to modern microservices platforms in the cloud. And, attendees will get to learn how the Mayo Clinic is using predictive analytics to manage infrastructure risk; hear how the Navy Federal Credit Union transitioned from Red Hat Satellite 5 to 6; and hear from the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) on practical steps to implementing Red Hat identity management solution.
- Containers and DevOps - We’ll hear how Duke University and FedBid, Inc. are using containers; see DevOps in action with OpenShift from Airbus, Produban, and Swiss Railway; and learn how J.Crew got started with DevOps.
- Middleware - Attendees will get advice on BPM from Capital One, EdgeVerve, Extra Srl, and SIA S.p.A.; learn about the art of enterprise integration with Red Hat JBoss Fuse from Frost Bank; hear how Apache Camel is changing how integration is done from GE Transportation, DaVita Rx, and Transpower; discover the intersection between business rules management and big data with NTT DATA; get a Red Hat JBoss BPM Suite and BRMS primer from Railinc; learn how to think differently with real-time data from the Royal Bank of Scotland; hear how SWIFT is tackling middleware security; and hear how Valencia’s Smart City project is powered by Telefonica Global IoT Platform and Red Hat IoT solutions.
- Mobile - Attendees will get a chance to explore how to extend legacy enterprise systems into mobile apps with 3M; and how Electronic Arts (EA) develops at the intersection of mobile, microservices, Node.js, and DevOps.
- Storage - Attendees will get to learn how Exxon Mobile, FINRA, and Verizon are using Red Hat Gluster Storage in production; and hear how Ansible accelerates application deployment at Société Générale.
The full list of sessions, including customer sessions, can be found at www.redhat.com/en/summit/agenda/sessions. For more details or to register for Red Hat Summit 2016, visit http://www.redhat.com/summit.
Hope to see you there!
About the author
Red Hat is the world’s leading provider of enterprise open source software solutions, using a community-powered approach to deliver reliable and high-performing Linux, hybrid cloud, container, and Kubernetes technologies.