Sélectionner une langue
Didn’t get a chance to attend Red Hat Summit 2018? Or were you there, but so busy you missed some great telecommunications sessions? Or maybe you did see everything, and just want a refresher! On June 27, Red Hat is hosting a webinar: The future of telecommunications is open—Red Hat Summit 2018 highlights.
Susan James, Red Hat senior director of telecommunications strategy, and top Red Hat telecommunications technologists will discuss how service providers are under increasing pressure to transform their networks and their customer experience and ways they can create new opportunities with open technologies, and with advancements like 5G and Internet of Things (IoT).
The webinar will highlight top Red Hat Summit session picks for service providers from available recordings and slide presentations:
Creating new value with 5G/MEC
- Ian Hood, global telecommunications architect, Red Hat
- 5G and mobile edge computing (MEC) offer more than greater speed. The evolution of mobile architectures is poised to transform delivery of healthcare, education, and a range of enterprise services. This session offers an overview of the technology underlying these new opportunities.
Open infrastructure for 5G networks
- Azhar Sayeed, chief architect, telecom, Red Hat
- The promise of 5G networks depends on an open platform that can evolve to accommodate change. This session offers a deeper look at 5G architecture, requirements, and use cases.
NFV go-live, but where are my containers?
- Franck Baudin, principal product manager, OpenStack NFV
- NFV movement into production is accelerating. Service providers are increasing their capacity and managing hardware obsolescence with NFV, putting an end to legacy hardware deployments. This session includes discussion of today’s 4G and IP-TV deployments, and how they will transition from virtual machines to containers for 5G and more.
Join us June 27 for webinar: The future of telecommunications is open—Red Hat Summit 2018 highlights.