Organizations today need to develop applications quickly, reliably and securely. Tech trends like cloud computing, containers and DevOps are changing the way organizations approach app development.
Join Gary Chen, IDC's Research Director of Software Defined Compute, along with subject matter experts from Red Hat and AWS to shed light on the latest trends for app development, containers/Kubernetes, and what a modern app development platform looks like. This panel will share with you – from IDC's latest business value research based on actual customer deployment instances – how organizations are capturing strong value through their investment in OpenShift on AWS, which IDC projects will have a value of $10.89 million per organization per year.
In this half-day executive event, you’ll learn about:
- The latest market trends in container and Kubernetes adoption, including customer drivers, forecasted growth, types of applications being containerized, and the migration of existing applications from IDC's latest industry research on enterprise container deployments.
- The benefits of combining a powerful and flexible platform for developing and running business applications (Red Hat OpenShift) with the agility, elasticity, and efficiency of the AWS cloud.
- The quantifiable business impact of deploying Red Hat OpenShift on AWS from IDC's recent Business Value study with overall ROI and improvement metrics.
- Enabling development teams to deliver software faster
- Winning more business and increasing revenue by increasing business agility
- Increasing the productivity of employees by reducing downtime
- Reducing the amount of IT staff time required to manage IT environments
- Lowering infrastructure and development platform costs
- Valuable customer deployment insights from both Red Hat and AWS solution experts.
- The cultural shifts required along the technology transformation journey.
- Customer success use cases from our business partners Vizuri and Optimoz.
Who Should Attend:
- Executives, VP, Senior Managers
- IT Directors
- IT Decision Makers
|8:00 a.m.||Registration and networking breakfast|
|8:30 - 9:00 a.m.||Welcome and Introduction|
Eamon McCormick, Emerging Technologies Manager, Red Hat
|9:00 - 10:30 a.m.||IDC research readout and interactive panel discussion of “The Business Value of an Agile and Flexible Platform for Developing and Running Applications with Red Hat OpenShift on AWS”|
|10:30 - 11:00 a.m.||Networking break|
|11:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.||Business Value discussion of why Red Hat OpenShift on AWS|
|12:00 - 1:00 p.m.||Event luncheon and conclusion|
Red Hat is the world’s leading provider of enterprise open source software solutions, using a community-powered approach to deliver reliable and high-performing Linux, hybrid cloud, container, and Kubernetes technologies. Red Hat helps customers develop cloud-native applications, integrate existing and new IT applications, and automate and manage complex environments. A trusted adviser to the Fortune 500, Red Hat provides award-winning support, training, and consulting services that bring the benefits of open innovation to any industry. Red Hat is a connective hub in a global network of enterprises, partners, and communities, helping organizations grow, transform, and prepare for the digital future.
Since 2008, Red Hat and AWS have collaborated to simplify running Red Hat solutions on AWS. Tens of thousands of customers across many industries run a tremendous amount of mission-critical enterprise applications with Red Hat Enterprise Linux on AWS.