Going to Open Infrastructure Summit in Denver? You'll have plenty of ways to connect with Red Hat.
VISIT US AT BOOTH #A1
Stop by to:
- Learn about our products and services.
- Watch Red Hat product demos from experts.
- Talk with a Red Hat recruiter about working for Red Hat, and receive some pretty cool swag.
There will also be many Red Hat partners with booths throughout the exhibit hall. Stop by to speak with them about their OpenStack solutions with Red Hat.
Learn more about Red Hat's presence onsite by reading our latest blog post.
Modern infrastructure for your hybrid cloud
This year at Open Infrastructure Summit, Red Hat’s team of subject matter experts will be on-site and ready to talk about our product portfolio and contributions to various projects within various breakout sessions, hands on labs, featured demos, and videos.
Topics in our speaking & hands on lab sessions will range from Artificial Intelligence, Kubernetes, edge computing, storage, NFV, and of course - OpenStack including the latest innovations to Red Hat’s OpenStack Platform.
Our featured booth demos will include topics including:
- Red Hat OpenShift on OpenStack Platform
- Infrastructure Migration Solution
- Virtual Central Office
Face recognition in 5 minutes with OpenStack
Have you ever taken a group photo and wondered who the people were in the picture? Now, thanks to OpenStack and TensorFlow—the open source machine learning framework—you don’t have to wonder anymore!
In this session, we’ll demonstrate how a facial recognition program together with graphics processing units (GPUs) can maximize the speed and accuracy of face recognition, as well as how to tune the frame decoding and inference time. We’ll also show application developers how to set up face detection networks quickly and choose the correct neural network design option while helping Operators learn how to provide resources such as GPUs and virtual GPUs.
Wednesday, May 1, 1:40–2:20pm
Ryan Jarvinen, developer advocate, Red Hat
Josh Wood, developer advocate, Red Hat
Kubernetes scales and manages stateless applications quite easily—but handling complex, stateful workloads can often be a challenge. Databases, distributed caches, and file storage systems frequently include their own notions about clustering, which can turn dynamic management into a complicated and difficult exercise. Operators are Kubernetes agents that fulfill many common SRE tasks, such as how to deploy, scale, manage, backup, and even upgrade complex, stateful workloads.
This tutorial will provide an update on the Operator pattern, and a series of follow-along usage examples which demonstrate how to install and interact with these advanced, Kubernetes-aware solutions.
With an understanding of Operators in place, the session will go on to detail the Operator Framework and its main components—the Operator SDK and the lifecycle management backplane.
Learn how to extend Kubernetes to support your own custom workload management strategies and tactics using the Operator Framework.
Lunch & Learn: Using Red Hat Ansible Automation for simple Red Hat OpenStack Platform
Limited space. RSVP required. RSVP here.
Maintaining cloud infrastructure is challenging and requires mobilization and coordination of a huge collection of resources. To manage Red Hat® OpenStack®Platform properly, you need to manage not just the individual services, but also the interactions and relationships between them. Because of this complexity, more and more companies are turning to Ansible Automation to simplify their deployment and management of Red Hat OpenStack Platform. Ansible Automation is one of the leading tools for promoting continuous integration and these two technologies complement each other nicely.
Join Red Hat Training solutions architect, John Walter, as he demonstrates how to stand up Red Hat OpenStack Platform and deploy virtual machines using Ansible Playbooks. The session is targeted at cloud operators and cloud administrators interested in automating their Red Hat OpenStack Platform deployment.
In this session, John will explain the benefits of deploying and managing Red Hat OpenStack Platform with Ansible Playbooks. He will also review how the same simple and powerful features of Ansible Automation used for deploying and managing Red Hat OpenStack Platform can be used to provision, configure, and deploy the applications and services that live on top of the cloud.
Connect with Red Hat onsite at Open Infrastructure Summit in Denver
Red Hat associates will present or co-present at more than 50 breakout sessions, sponsored track sessions, lunch and learns, workshops, and panel discussions. Just about every OpenStack topic, from various services to NFV solutions to day-2 management to containers integration will be covered.
Not able to make it to Denver or these sessions? Don’t worry, the sessions will be recorded and available on-demand (coming soon).
Stay up to date on the latest Red Hat technologies.
Check out these resources before Open Infrastructure Summit, or share them with your team after the event.
OpenStack Summit Berlin 2019 Press Releases
- Red Hat Drives Unified Foundation for Kubernetes and Virtual Machines with Red Hat OpenStack Platform 14
- Introducing Red Hat virtual central office solution: An open pathway to modern telecommunications services
Recorded interviews from theCUBE at OpenStack Summit 2018 in Vancouver
- Watch interview with Mark McLoughlin & Tim Burke, Red Hat
- Watch interview with John Allessio & Margaret Dawson, Red Hat
- Watch interview with Berna Devrim, Red Hat & Nico Wellner, Finanz Informatik
- Watch interview with Randy Bias, Juniper Networks
OpenStack Summit 2018 Vancouver press releases
- Red Hat Delivers Cloud Foundation for Digital Transformation with Latest Version of OpenStack Platform
- Red Hat and Juniper Networks Expand Collaboration to Provide a Simplified and More Secure Path to Multicloud
- Red Hat Helps Power Tata Communications’ IZOTM Private Cloud with OpenShift and OpenStack
Red Hat blog posts related to OpenStack Summit 2018 Vancouver
- Red Hat OpenStack Platform celebrates five years of accelerating private and hybrid clouds
- Red Hat OpenStack Customer Survey 2018: containers, technical support top of mind
E-books, trainings, and on-demand webinars
- OpenStack curriculum: Train and test with Red Hat
- Red Hat Learning Subscription free trial
- Red Hat OpenStack Platform evaluation e-book
- Hybrid Cloud Strategy for Dummies e-book
- Defining your cloud strategy step by step webinar series (on-demand)